Bella Leg Problems: Part 2

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
So about a month ago Bella messed up her leg. We think it's because she was running and just sprained it. After we took her to the vet she said that was the case and she gave her an antibiotic and it was back in no time.

Almost a month later today my dad was giving her a walk and Bella heard someone revving their engine. She then took off from her leash and sped all the way home which is about a mile away from where it happened. When she got home she was favoring her same leg she's injured about a month ago and would not apply any pressure to it. She sat in her cage all day and we then called the vets office.

We just got back from the vet and she said she may have messed up her hip and her hind leg. She's got two anabiotic's that she'll take once a day and once every 12 hours. She is only allowed to lay in her cage and is on strict bedrest. I really don't know what to do but she said after a week if she's not better then we will go from there. I'm guessing that means surgery and I'm really hoping that's not the case. If anybody's ever had this happen to their dog before or has any thoughts or opinions that would be nice to hear. I'm really worried for Bella but at the same time I hope she just needs a week to ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411510359.454666.jpgrecover and she's back to normal!

Bryan

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Bryan, I don't really have any first hand experience with this but wondering if they took any X-rays. Also wondering if she's on antibiotics or anti inflammatories because it seems a bit odd to me they would prescribe antibiotics if no infection is present.

Hope it's just another sprain....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl... She must have been so scared! I hope it us just a sprain and she did not totally injure herself.

what are the meds she is on... Do you have the names?

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes, the name of the medicine that was given by the vet are two different types. One is called Rimadyl 75 mg which is once every 24 hours. The other is called Tramadol HCL Which is 50 mg to be taken every 12 hours. The vet also said to apply ice every now and then to help her out. She's currently here with me laying down and is pretty calm. I'm just glad she knew her way home after fleeing the scene!

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi Bryan, I don't really have any first hand experience with this but wondering if they took any X-rays. Also wondering if she's on antibiotics or anti inflammatories because it seems a bit odd to me they would prescribe antibiotics if no infection is present.

Hope it's just another sprain....

I don't believe their antibiotics but rather for inflammation. Sorry about that I was kind of in a dazed state still whenever I posted the topic and a bit down still that this happened. She's good now but no they did not take any x-rays. I think they want to give it a week and see how the inflammation pills do.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes they are for inflammation. Whew! Okay I'm going to tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] because she is going through something similar with her boy Vegas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.