Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's great news, I'm glad Wellie doesn't need additional surgery. I'm glad they seem to be getting along so far, I hope they get closer as they get used to each other.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thank you, Lynn.
Me too, Monica.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So we're back.

It's pretty much what you guys said. Stress, new food.

She did take a chest and stomach x-ray to rule out aspiration and obstruction. Both were fine.

He also got an anti-nausea shot, and metronidazole (used for bowel irritation). She said the x-ray showed he was gassy.

Other than that, bland diet. I'm boiling hamburger and rice now.

She did say that if he still throws up even after the shot, to take him in for a sonogram. Said that with an obstruction, the shot won't help.

Oh, he has Patella Luxation in both knees.
Tomorrow is his appointment with the surgeon who did Blue's palate surgery, and will be doing his neuter and nares on 10/15.
I wanted to schedule Wellie the same day (neuter, palate and nares.)
Now I need to speak to her about his knees too.. oy

So Chris and I were talking. For a pup we've only had 2 short days, our medical bills are going to be around 10k. Just today's appointment with our normal vet was over 600.
I was heartbroken and asked Chris what we should do? My wonderful husband goes "we do what we have to do, he's ours". I love him my hubs so much!!

Oh my what your husband said made me teary eyed. Needless to say you got a good man there ;). Hoping for the best for both boys, specially with the upcoming operations. I know it'll be stressful and uncomfortable for everybody involved so hang in there! So nice to see the boys chumming up. are you planning on taking a few days off after the operation?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh my what your husband said made me teary eyed. Needless to say you got a good man there ;). Hoping for the best for both boys, specially with the upcoming operations. I know it'll be stressful and uncomfortable for everybody involved so hang in there! So nice to see the boys chumming up. are you planning on taking a few days off after the operation?

Thank you!

I work from home so may not have take any days. But I'll see how it goes.
I'm still relieved he doesn't need knee surgeries.. phew..

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] that's really good news indeed! sorry wasn't able to go through the whole comments, was so touched by what your husband said that i replied from there. Keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed for your two boys. All will be well Momma. And remember we're all here for you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.