N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys.
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] we don't have a choice. It generally takes at least a month to get an appointment with the vets there. They squeezed us in only after I sent her an email explaining I want both pups procedures done the same day since Blue's already scheduled.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks guys.
@brutus77 we don't have a choice. It generally takes at least a month to get an appointment with the vets there. They squeezed us in only after I sent her an email explaining I want both pups procedures done the same day since Blue's already scheduled.
I don't think it will really upset him that much anyway. Good luck at the appt.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm just reading this thread now, and I see you've already got great advice from everyone as always. I was also going to suggest it was stress from a new home and maybe food changes. I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. I hope he feels better soon, poor little guy. I'm sure with some quiet time, and a bland diet for a few days, he'll be himself before too long. I'm sorry you're going through so many issues all at once. You have a lot of surgeries scheduled as well, I hope everything goes well, with their surgeries, you're going to have your hands full with two of them recuperating at the same time. Wellie is so lucky that he got you guys for his parents, you're awesome.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We just got back from the Orthopedic Surgeon.

Good news, his knees (luxating patella) aren't bad. In fact, she said she barely felt any movement in one knee. The other, is luxating but isn't coming out completely (which is good news). Since he doesn't show any sings of distress and has full motion
we don't need to do anything. Said he's a typical bullie, will get arthritis when he gets older, and we should be able to manage any pain with meds.

NO SURGERY!! I am so freakin' happy!!!

We're home now. He ate (boiled burger and rice) and he's now happily snoozing at my feet.

October 15th both my both will be going in to be neutered though. Blue will also get his nares done, so will Wellie. Wellie will also have his saculles, palate and tonsils checked as well. If need be, those will done too.

I'm gonna have two drugged up, ball-less bullies that I'm hoping will just sleep for a few days..lol..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just got back from the Orthopedic Surgeon.

Good news, his knees (luxating patella) aren't bad. In fact, she said she barely felt any movement in one knee. The other, is luxating but isn't coming out completely (which is good news). Since he doesn't show any sings of distress and has full motion
we don't need to do anything. Said he's a typical bullie, will get arthritis when he gets older, and we should be able to manage any pain with meds.

NO SURGERY!! I am so freakin' happy!!!

We're home now. He ate (boiled burger and rice) and he's now happily snoozing at my feet.

October 15th both my both will be going in to be neutered though. Blue will also get his nares done, so will Wellie. Wellie will also have his saculles, palate and tonsils checked as well. If need be, those will done too.

I'm gonna have two drugged up, ball-less bullies that I'm hoping will just sleep for a few days..lol..

Great news on the knees!!!

October 16th should be a quite day for you... can't say how the 17th will be. The all bounce back really quick

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thank you! I was so relieved I almost cried in the examining room..lol..

And now, for a rare moment of "brothery love".. well, as close to love as it's been.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love the picture of the two bros ! :luv: Happy to hear about Wellie's knees and no need for surgery. That is GREAT news!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] thank you.

We now go back to the vets (this time Blues new dermatologist) Thursday.

Since Saturday, I've been to the vets 3 times. Thursday should be the last time until October.
Crazy week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama Thank you! I was so relieved I almost cried in the examining room..lol..

And now, for a rare moment of "brothery love".. well, as close to love as it's been.

What a beautiful pair... love it! they will come around... time is all they need

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Great news!!! They look adorable. Soon they will be right next to each other or ganging up on you. Mine take turns being the trouble maker and look out!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I can't wait for them to get close. :luv:

Wellie snores- very loudly. Just called hubs and put Wellie on the phone. He thought he was listening to some kind of African wild life show featuring an elephant.. lol..

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I can't wait for them to get close. :luv:

Wellie snores- very loudly. Just called hubs and put Wellie on the phone. He thought he was listening to some kind of African wild life show featuring an elephant.. lol..

Great pics. Glad to hear your sigh of relief. Good luck with the upcoming surgeries. Keeping fingers and paws crossed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy for you-some good news about Wellie! They look so cute together on the couch-seems pretty good that they are that close to each other-and Blue didn't object to Wellie being on the couch! Good luck with both their surgeries in Oct. and that man of your is sure a KEEPER!!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys. It's been an emotional few days.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Blue's got a wonderful temperament. He either plays with or ignores other dogs. He did hump Wellie the day we got him but that's pretty much stopped.
Wellie also seems to have an excellent temperament so no issues so far.
But it's too soon to tell what Wellie is really like. I'm guessing his "real" personality will start
coming out once he's comfortable here.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.