Horrible allergy season.

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
This summer wreaked havoc on Ki's allergies. No matter what I did, her eyes continued to run and last week her wrinkles got really inflamed. She lost some hair in her nose rope as well. It started to spread this week, poor girl. We ended up at the vet today and no surprise, a round of steroids. The craziest part, one dose and her face already started to clear up.

We've changed foods, cut out all treats, I wipe her paws and wrinkles with malacetic or duoxos, which usually work. ACV with her water and paw soaks a few times a week. We concluded its all environmental. It hasn't been this bad since I rescued her. At least she has some temporary relief, I don't like her being on the steroids though.

The next step is switching her to a raw diet, any other ideas? I've scoured these forums and used every bit of Google-Fu I have available.

It only gets bad outside, I even have air purifiers in my apt, just for her.

Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
yes it is bad this year from whatI have been reading they say its ragweed...thats causing dogs a lot of misery this fall. Sophia has been scratching for the past 3 weeks...even got herself a furuncle in between her toes from itching so much..so last week I started her on steroids. I know its not the best but she needed some relief from the scratching or we were going to end up with some major skin issues. the steroids didnt help her watery eyes..for that Ive been giving her 1 benadryl every 4 hrs and it seems to help. I was giving her dog food occasionally but stopped that and went completely to raw.

we just have to hang on until the frost sets in Im not a fan of winter for myself but where it concerns our bullys I love it

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Worst allergy season on record. We're still having issues. :whew:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
right there with you .... Banks has not been this bad since she was like 2 yrs old. I can not keep her eyes clear, and her tail pocket is a mess too. Constantly having to clean a few times a day

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.