Anal Gland expression - sedation?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Jimmy -- I moved your question to it's own thread so you would get more responses.

I have never heard of this being necessary, but it does not mean it would not be. I would take your boy to another vet for a second opinion about the tail -- does it maybe need to be removed (can be common) ?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't heard of that either, but I'm like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], it could happen I guess. I would find a good bully vet in your area and let him take a look. If the tail is indeed causing a problem, then surgery may be in order.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That sounds expensive, I can't comment on this as Ftse expresses his himself and I never even knew about it until I came on to EBN.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with the others, but I just can't fathom a tail being so tight that it blocks the anus completely. So I'm stumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have heard that in the worst case the tail can be so inverted that it can block the anus, but in that case there should be other difficulties, than just anal glands.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.