Has anyone seen this kinda lump on their bully before?

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
This thing kinda just grew out of nowhere Started in April and now it's a little bigger doesn't seem to bother him I'm concerned it may be cancer? He's gonna see a vet soon just wondering if anyone has had anything like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 137

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Anthony, I haven't seen this before and don't know what it can be, but it could just be a cyst, or a mole, so don't think the worst before the vet sees it. Only he can diagnose it 100%, so it is a good idea to have it checked out, and he can biopsy it to find out exactly what it is, or he may know by looking at it what it is. It could be something minor, and if it isn't, then the earlier it is looked at and diagnosed and can be removed the better. I hope it's nothing serious, sending hugs and prayers your way that Scully is okay. Please keep us posted as to what the vet says, and try not to worry, but I know you will.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My dalmatian has one like this...but it was more of a skin tag vs a mole. It would be worth getting it checked out just to make sure it's not a tumor or cancerous.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I bet it's a mole, please let us know what the vet says.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Looking at the picture, there appears that there is a hair follicle penetrating the cyst like mass. Possible ingrown hair maybe. Like Monica said only your vet will know for sure.

I hope it resolves quickly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looking at the picture, there appears that there is a hair follicle penetrating the cyst like mass. Possible ingrown hair maybe. Like Monica said only your vet will know for sure.

I hope it resolves quickly.

This is what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Anthony2431

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
This is what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually yeah there's two hair follicles coming thru the thing. It's not big I just zoomed in as much as I could. It doesn't hurt him cause he doesn't notice when I'm touching it. I will keep everyone updated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed -- need a vet to look, but seems form the picture to be a mole

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Haven't seen one of those before, so curious to see what the vet says.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
It's really hard for a vet to tell unless they do a fine needle aspirate or biopsy because many skin conditions can mimic other things. A big cause for concern are rapidly growing or changing growths but even slow growing ones can be serious. I'd definitely have it checked out soon. My poor girl had a MCT which looked like a bug bite. When it didn't go away after 2 months we took her in, they did a FNA (w/Benadryl beforehand), and next thing you know I was getting the call that she had cancer. Luckily we caught it early enough that it was removed successfully with clean margins. Less than a year later we were back with another small growth under her tail (looked like a smooth wart or skin tag) and a biopsy revealed squamous cell carcinoma. Again we had it removed successfully but it's always important to get new bumps and lumps checked out because if they are cancerous early detection is the key to successful treatment. Please let us know what the vet says. Hoping it's something benign.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.