My bulldog has a dry crusty ridge on his nose....Help,please

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
The upper ridge of his nose develops a crusty build up.. At times it will come off,like a scab..

then it builds up after time. The first time it happened,I thought it was just dry.. Then I noticed it builds up,getting thicker..

how do we prevent this? Or deal with it.I figure if there's ointment involved,he will just lick it off..

thoughts??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Snoot Soother works great and so does Bert Bees paw and nose lotion

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The upper ridge of his nose develops a crusty build up.. At times it will come off,like a scab..

then it builds up after time. The first time it happened,I thought it was just dry.. Then I noticed it builds up,getting thicker..

how do we prevent this? Or deal with it.I figure if there's ointment involved,he will just lick it off..

thoughts??

Aquaphor is pretty darn magical, even if you just get a little to stay it's amazing stuff and works fast!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This happens to my boxer Roxie… what I do is every week I take a warm washcloth and gently rub the crust off her nose. Then I pat it dry w/the cloth, and I put aquaphor on it. I've been doing this for several months, and I only have to do it once a week now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aquaphor or Mushers Secret is what I use paws and nose

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
An "old school" vet told me to use just an inexpensive tube of plain Chapstick on Hank's nose as needed. It's safe if he licks and it worked really well. I almost always have one for them in my bag.

Most Reactions

Members online