Help Needed! Tea tree oil on dogs?!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Seriously?!! I don't care if Wally loses all his hair at this pointā€¦ I'm pulling out all of MY hair!!! :rofl:

Tracey, you shouldn't use Rogaine either. For goodness sake, your husband would come through the door and think you were Taliban or something. Or you would join the circus as the bearded lady. Whatever you do...don't use Rogaine

I joined the hair club for men and Captian Picard got me in...Rogaine. Rub it on, let in sink in...Rogaine.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey, you shouldn't use Rogaine either. For goodness sake, your husband would come through the door and think you were Taliban or something. Or you would join the circus as the bearded lady. Whatever you do...don't use Rogaine

I joined the hair club for men and Captian Picard got me in...Rogaine. Rub it on, let in sink in...Rogaine.

Oh dear LORDā€¦ I just busted up laughingā€¦ LMAO!!! :biglaugh: Boy I could of used you guys last night to keep me rollingā€¦ Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh dear LORDā€¦ I just busted up laughingā€¦ LMAO!!! :biglaugh: Boy I could of used you guys last night to keep me rollingā€¦ Lol

Also, Rogaine does not work on bald spots around sprinklers. It is not that kind of product. Instead, use Top Soil, grass seed and some starter fertilizer for the bald spots in your yard.

And Walter, whateever you do..don't try to connect the bald spots to one another. If you do 2 comes after 1 and not 3.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tracey - I beyond LOVE your threads... they always go down a side road at some point and just crack me up! Glad all is going well and the last of the mange is in sight

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
You can dilute the tee tree oil. I use coconut oil for some things, witch hazel or others. You can use olive oil or almond oil. There are several others too. That's just the ones that come to mind for me that are most common. I use it in a foot soak for myself, so I suppose you could even dilute it with water. If it were me, and I'm no expert, I would put a small amount on him for 2 days and then see if he has a reaction. You can also put the drops on your palm then rub it on him so you don't get too much. Sometimes those little bottles almost pour out.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey - I beyond LOVE your threads... they always go down a side road at some point and just crack me up! Glad all is going well and the last of the mange is in sight

I think this thread is already off the chainā€¦ at least we haven't added the MAN CANDY pics yet, I'm sure that's coming!!! Lol It just proves that ALL of us are beyond madā€¦ :bonkhead:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You can dilute the tee tree oil. I use coconut oil for some things, witch hazel or others. You can use olive oil or almond oil. There are several others too. That's just the ones that come to mind for me that are most common. I use it in a foot soak for myself, so I suppose you could even dilute it with water. If it were me, and I'm no expert, I would put a small amount on him for 2 days and then see if he has a reaction. You can also put the drops on your palm then rub it on him so you don't get too much. Sometimes those little bottles almost pour out.

I'm NOT an oil expert, and I guess that why I freaked out when I googled tea tree oil and petsā€¦ worse case scenario of course. My vet wants me to bring the bottle in and she's going to dilute it for me...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very interesting! I knew the benefits of the oil (especially in shampoos- great stuff), but didn't realize that the straight oil was so toxic. Thank you for teaching me something new! I love this place! I also learned rogaine can give you hairy hands and doesn't work around sprinkler heads. :up: :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think this thread is already off the chainā€¦ at least we haven't added the MAN CANDY pics yet, I'm sure that's coming!!! Lol It just proves that ALL of us are beyond madā€¦ :bonkhead:
Candy maybe dandy but liquor is quicker. Lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tracey, i would just not use the tea tree oil on Walter; once his mange is treated, won't the bald spots just grow back by itself w/time?

On a more serious note, Wally watches Scooby Doo?! :ROFL:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey, i would just not use the tea tree oil on Walter; once his mange is treated, won't the bald spots just grow back by itself w/time?

On a more serious note, Wally watches Scooby Doo?! :ROFL:

Henny, I agree w/you 100%ā€¦ there seems to be SO much info out there that says it's dangerous for dogs. I just can't handle that kind of stressā€¦ Lol I would think that his spots will grow back, but I know this may take awhile...

And YES today Wally was sitting on the floor "WATCHING" Scooby Dooā€¦ I was cracking upā€¦ LMAO!!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I'm NOT an oil expert, and I guess that why I freaked out when I googled tea tree oil and petsā€¦ worse case scenario of course. My vet wants me to bring the bottle in and she's going to dilute it for me...
Awesome! AND what an awesome vet you have.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online