Puppy with leg issue

ema24

Sep 16, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowe
I'm a newbie don't have a clue what I'm doing :( lol .... Hi I have a 10 month English bull dog, I'm really worried about his right front leg! And panicking! :( my boor baby! .... He jumped off he the sofa and was limping for a day then he was fine .... Then a few months later he went to sleep and woke up and was like it for about 2 hours so called the vets they said if he was still like it on a few hours bring him in and he was :( so they injected him with a sort of paracetamol and put him on some medicine he was fine tho as soon as we got into the vets! And then now tonight 3 weeks later he had a fall off of the sofa and he can hardly walk :( can anybody help me and advise me please I love my little man so much and panic I would let hun chew any of my shoes right now! x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Might want to look into a second opinion with another vet.... Seems there might be more going on and really need an X-ray to make sure there isn't an injury

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I do not mean to be blunt, but maybe some steps would help so he would not be falling so much, it could damage this Precious Bulldogs spine.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Might want to look into a second opinion with another vet.... Seems there might be more going on and really need an X-ray to make sure there isn't an injury

I do not mean to be blunt, but maybe some steps would help so he would not be falling so much, it could damage this Precious Bulldogs spine.

Agree with the last two posts. First, I agree you need to see a vet to insure nothing is broken/torn. Second, we have plastic/vinyl stairs for getting up on the couch, bed, and into our Toyota SUV. The stairs were ordered online by my wife.

I would keep Bowe on limited activity with no jumping or running until you follow-up with a vet.

I will keep positive thoughts that Bowe is alright.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang, I think that you need a second opinion… Also I would be VERY careful having him jump off the furniture, you may want to discourage him from doing that until he gets older and his growth plate is set.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.