Interdog aggression between my two male bullies

kajaffe

Mar 15, 2010
I am fostering an older, male English Bulldog who is approximately 7 years old. He is as sweet as can be; but, has sever dog aggression towards my 2 year old male English Bulldog. The older one will get this look in his eye and begin to shake, and then the attack. The younger male won't really fight back. I haven been bitten several times breaking up fights. We have tried, Prozac, Xanax, a combination of the the two and we are currently using a shock collar (which I absolutely hate; but there is no alternative). Yes, I should try and find a home for the older one. Not many people want to adopt an elderly dog who can be aggressive towards others. Any advice on how I can get these two males to get along?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am sorry but I am of no help, but I know some people who have hired a dog behavioralist to help with this same situation. I do have the same problem myself as you, with the scars to prove it. It is, to me, the worst situation a dog owner can be in because the love you have for your dog is immense, and you don't want to have to rehome them. I know I don't. But if I ever get to the point where I feel like my children are in danger, I would have to.

Hopefully someone can give BOTH of us some assistance in this!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online