Thread: Interdog aggression between my two male bullies

Default Interdog aggression between my two male bullies

I am fostering an older, male English Bulldog who is approximately 7 years old. He is as sweet as can be; but, has sever dog aggression towards my 2 year old male English Bulldog. The older one will get this look in his eye and begin to shake, and then the attack. The younger male won't really fight back. I haven been bitten several times breaking up fights. We have tried, Prozac, Xanax, a combination of the the two and we are currently using a shock collar (which I absolutely hate; but there is no alternative). Yes, I should try and find a home for the older one. Not many people want to adopt an elderly dog who can be aggressive towards others. Any advice on how I can get these two males to get along?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Interdog aggression between my two male bullies

I am sorry but I am of no help, but I know some people who have hired a dog behavioralist to help with this same situation. I do have the same problem myself as you, with the scars to prove it. It is, to me, the worst situation a dog owner can be in because the love you have for your dog is immense, and you don't want to have to rehome them. I know I don't. But if I ever get to the point where I feel like my children are in danger, I would have to.

Hopefully someone can give BOTH of us some assistance in this!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry to hear that So wonderful of you to open your home to an elderly bully. I don't want any advice, I'm sure someone else will have some.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

So sorry your boys don't get along. I hope someone will be able to suggest something that'll work for you!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Remove Ads