Help Needed! Cherry eye!!

Mandaq4

Sep 15, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona
image.jpg

My Fiona has cherry eye! In this pic it has significantly gone down since last night after warm compress and massage. There's no abnormal colored discharge and it doesn't seem to bother her. It piped up out of the blue last night when I got home from work.. I was wondering other peoples past experience with cherry eye.. If I'm seeing results with massage and compress do I need to take her to the vet? Or do I continue with what I'm doing and monitor the next 24 hrs? I know this is a common problem so I'm trying to remain calm cool and collected. I'm a new bulldog mom and ima worrier to say the least lol. Can someone please share past experiences and opinions PLEASE!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i tagged a few members with experience... they can help settle your nerves

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We would also massage it back in but eventually, it just stayed out. When Blue got it in his second eye a few months later, we had them both tacked at once. No issues and his eyes look beautiful.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Our Bella used to get cherry eye, and we were able to massage it in as well… we never had to consult a vet about it or have surgery. As long as it returns and she doesn't scratch at her eyes I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.