JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
will he he let you touch the paw? If it is hot, then there is infection. I know there is a human pain pill you can not give... Can't remember which it is. [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] may know

Yes, I can touch it...somewhat. I didn't notice if it was hot or not. He's in bed now, so I'll check in the morning. I gave him half a rimadyl for tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Tylenol or Acetaminophen are toxic to dogs. Aspirin can be used very cautiously but I'm not sure what the dose is, and also when using Aspirin, I've read you should use a coated one to protect the stomach. I would ask your vet before using this, and for proper dosing. I hope he feels better soon, and it heals quickly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, I can touch it...somewhat. I didn't notice if it was hot or not. He's in bed now, so I'll check in the morning. I gave him half a rimadyl for tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good call... let us know how it is doing today

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Styptic powder in the jar usually has an antibacterial in it. If his foot is not hot or swollen, the powder would help dry the "meaty" part-and help it from getting infected. A salve would be more likely to be licked off. You could give him a baby aspirin. Hope it just heals and doesn't cause any problem!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
good call... let us know how it is doing today
He is doing fine today, like nothing was ever wrong with him. His paw is not hot! Who knows what this crazy boy did to himself. I've been keeping his claw clean and using spray on it. I think the rimadyl helped whatever was going on. I am just gonna limit his exercise the rest of the week and see how he does. Thank you for your help!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm glad he's okay, and feeling better today. He probably got it caught on the seat and it pulled. It should heal up okay.

Members online