My Bentley Boy

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well, I am anxious right now. It was refreshing to wish EBN's Lil' Goob birthday wishes; however, my Bentley boy is at the vets waiting to have his umbilical hernia repaired. The nice thing is that the vet is waiving the charge for anesthesia ($400 which I find quite elevated).

I got home to Jewlie girl who looked at me and was wondering where her Lil' Bro was. I let her out of the crate and she hobbled around looking for him (she is now on the couch sleeping). I told her he was at the doctors getting his tummy fixed.

I was in the medical field for a while and know the downside of anesthesia even more so in bullies who are brachial cephallic--The crowding of tissue inside the nose and the back of the throat obstructs airflow through the upper airways. So in this regard, plan for the worst and hope for the best. I have faith in our vet that all will be OK. She explained the procedure and asked if I had any questions. We should know around noon how he did and when he can come home.

I will update later.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Fingers and paws crossed here hoping for a good uneventful surgery and BentIey and JeweI see each other soon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs, prayers and many positive thoughts coming to you and the kiddies! all will be fine and he will be home and ready to play in no time

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Lots of hugs and prayers headed your way… keep us posted!!! :pray:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well, I am anxious right now. It was refreshing to wish EBN's Lil' Goob birthday wishes; however, my Bentley boy is at the vets waiting to have his umbilical hernia repaired. The nice thing is that the vet is waiving the charge for anesthesia ($400 which I find quite elevated).

I got home to Jewlie girl who looked at me and was wondering where her Lil' Bro was. I let her out of the crate and she hobbled around looking for him (she is now on the couch sleeping). I told her he was at the doctors getting his tummy fixed.

I was in the medical field for a while and know the downside of anesthesia even more so in bullies who are brachial cephallic--The crowding of tissue inside the nose and the back of the throat obstructs airflow through the upper airways. So in this regard, plan for the worst and hope for the best. I have faith in our vet that all will be OK. She explained the procedure and asked if I had any questions. We should know around noon how he did and when he can come home.

I will update later.

Just got off the phone with vet. Bentley tolerated the surgery and is doing well. He will be ready to come home at 2:30.

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes and well wishes.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jewelie says she is glad her little bro is home.
f968dc02715f02dc0e91324a97012aab.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well…
Jewel looks like she's gonna give her lil' bro a nice talking to for leaving her alone for the day… Lol ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.