Itchy bumps on eyelids

Christine Baker

Aug 12, 2014
Hi everyone! So my husband and I have a quick question and you were all super helpful with our last post. So my sweet Scarlett recently had her second cherry eye surgery and her eye is still recovering from that so keep that in mind when looking at the pics, but she has itched her eyelids pretty fiercely for the past month on these little red bumps surrounding her eyelids. It is to the point where she bleeds and now it is even more concerning bc her cherry eye is healing. We have a cone for her but she literally goes crazy with the itching. We have within the past month changed over to fromms grain free food and all treats are grain free - no chicken. We also have been cleaning her with special shampoo from the vet and duxuo (spelling?) pads. I'm running out of ideas here and her poor eyes are breaking my heart. Any other ideas of what to change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She could be having an allergic reaction to the stitches, surgical glue or what ever was used to seal the incision.... have you called the vet to check- when is the follow up?

Also, pics did not come through on your post.

OP
Christine Baker

Christine Baker

Aug 12, 2014
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - well but she had been having this issue before her surgery so that's the weird thing... Follow up is in two weeks. It breaks my heart though and I feel like I've tried everything... Here is the pic by the way. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410479106.905294.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama - well but she had been having this issue before her surgery so that's the weird thing... Follow up is in two weeks. It breaks my heart though and I feel like I've tried everything... Here is the pic by the way. View attachment 76775

Ouch... Yea, looks like an allergic reaction very similar to Banks eye when her seasonal allergies kick in. I can't think of what you could use... :hmm:

OP
Christine Baker

Christine Baker

Aug 12, 2014
Ouch... Yea, looks like an allergic reaction very similar to Banks eye when her seasonal allergies kick in. I can't think of what you could use... :hmm:

Do you use NuVet plus? I have read on here and other websites that it helped with allergies. It is pretty pricey though so I would love to get more thoughts before we buy...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you use NuVet plus? I have read on here and other websites that it helped with allergies. It is pretty pricey though so I would love to get more thoughts before we buy...

I do not use them, but MANY here do and have great results with them.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue was on Nuvet for about a year. Only took him off when we went raw. But it didn't help with his allergies.

Since you don't think it's a reaction to the stitches, maybe it's a reaction to drops for her cherry eye surgeries?

I would make the vet put her on a steroid (temaril-p or something similar) just to get that swelling down. Her eyes need to be treated ASAP. You don't want her scratching or rubbing and causing permanent damage.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online