Eye help please! !!

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Hi everyone, 6 yr old Winston is having some eye issue, and I'm pretty sure he is blind in his left eye. We recently rescued him and are seeing the vet again next week. His other infections and issues really took priority at the last vet appointment. When I told the vet I was concerned about his eyes she was hopeful all his meds would help. It isn't. He has a thick green film on his actual eye ball, the pupil is always big and it looks lifeless for lack of better word. Is not shiny or glassy, it's full and has a shadow. Not a cataract. It reflects a wierd hue when light his his eye. They are so dry. I am using antibiotic eye ointment, artificial tears, and wipe the stuff regularly. He doesn't seem to be bothered or in pain but he is also sick from infected wrinkles, ears, yeast, etc. The meds have helped him already. His wrinkles and tail pocket infections are getting so much better, he is more alert. Some of his fur is coming back in and he is eating all his food now. I called the vet office and explained his eye and they said just to wait and let the meds work and wait for the next appointment. ... Thoughts? Or other bully is young, and very healthy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as long as you are giving him the meds the vet gave up... then give it time. When the vet looked at his eyes did he say he was already blind or could be going blind?
Some eye issues look worse than they are

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
She didn't look at them to see if he could see out of the one , she was more focused on the other issues which I completely understand. Icky eye or smelly, infected, bloody wrinkles :( . I think my heart just breaks for him because he is such a sweet boy and he keeps bumping info things. I also think in angry at his previous humans. Feeling frustrated at waiting. Thanks for advice [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She didn't look at them to see if he could see out of the one , she was more focused on the other issues which I completely understand. Icky eye or smelly, infected, bloody wrinkles :( . I think my heart just breaks for him because he is such a sweet boy and he keeps bumping info things. I also think in angry at his previous humans. Feeling frustrated at waiting. Thanks for advice @2BullyMama

give him big hugs from me..... keep up the drops, they do help

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.