Bumps in ears

Suebeeehoney

Sep 9, 2014
Munhall, Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Summer
Hello everybody! I am a new bully owner.. My baby is now 11 weeks old. She is currently eating Fromm puppy food and blue buffalo salmon treats. Recently see had a minor ear infection so the vet put her on some drops. She also told me to clean her ears a but more regular while they are healing. Although they are now cleaner and the infection seems to have cleared, my baby now has small pink bumps inside of her ears. They are almost like pimples but without the white center. She paws at her ears occasionally and enjoys having them rubbed (hates having them cleaned or having he drops out in), but otherwise seems fine. I am cleaning them about 3 days apart and I use either a baby wipe, a malcetic wipe, or ear cleaner if I really need to get in there. Any ideas?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and :welcome3: to EBN.... are the baby wipes unscented?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: ... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]... any idea?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a bacterial infection on the ears, pretty common in pups that age. Clean them once a day with a good ear cleaner or the malacetic wipes, maybe even two times a day, and if they get worse you probably want to visit a vet who can prescribe some panalog ointment or similar. Those little bumps are itchy so she's probably enjoying the cleanings. Stay away from using baby wipes unless you put ear cleaner or witch hazel on them first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Suebeeehoney

Sep 9, 2014
Munhall, Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Summer
Thanks for the help! Another quick question... Do you think the ear cream the vet gave her is making things worse? It's maletic. Also, I just put her on doggie gnc probiotics. Could it be an allergy to either of those things? Thank you again for your help!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the help! Another quick question... Do you think the ear cream the vet gave her is making things worse? It's maletic. Also, I just put her on doggie gnc probiotics. Could it be an allergy to either of those things? Thank you again for your help!!

I think what [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] stated is great info and you should be OK with what you are doing... if her ears are still getting worse - might be a good idea to stop the GNC till you get them cleared up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.