Inflamzyme. Ever heard of it?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There was a huge event called "Adopt-a-Palooza" in NYC yesterday.

Josephine, the lady that hosts one of our Bulldog meet-up groups invited us to donate some toys to Rock and Rawhide. A great organization that gives toys, treats, and such to shelter animals.
Oh man, we had a large laundry bag full of brand new toys, that we dropped off at their booth. Toys Blue can't play with because he'll eat 'em!

Baby Howard (one of her bullies, she has three) was hanging out at the booth and I noticed how great his skin looked. Josephine, his mama is very active with the bullie rescues here. Raising money through events and the like.
She's just an all around great person with a ton of bulldog knowledge.

Of course I had to let her know how great Howard looked, and we started talking about allergies (I should of done this a lot sooner with her!). Turns out Baby Howard also has food and environmental allergies, we even use the same dermatologist. But she decided to find a food/supplement that worked, where as me, decided to go the allergy shot route. Don't judge me, I'm desperate!

Anyway, she gave me a breakdown of the food she feeds as well as the supplements she uses. One of those supplements is Inflamzyme. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and she gives twice a day. She said it's really helped. Based on Baby howards skin and paws, I'd have to agree. He looks absolutely amazing.

So I ordered the same one she uses, but am wondering if anyone else has heard of this product?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm...does it help with interdigital cyst? this is our major battle right now with Brutus' allergies. I'm going to google it. I already give Nu-Vet supplement, but the cysts keep on coming!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], is this the same stuff? I wonder if this will help Brutus and his allergy battle.
zoomify.asp

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Is that like a supplementary enzyme for digestion? Bifi's tear stains is so bad again it's like red wine coming out of his eyes. Wonder if this would help.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Is that like a supplementary enzyme for digestion? Bifi's tear stains is so bad again it's like red wine coming out of his eyes. Wonder if this would help.

I don't think so? It's an anti-inflammatory supplement. So it's supposed to replace meds like Benadryl, Claritin, steroids and the such in a natural way.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I just ordered it. I hope it works. I wonder if I can give this as well as the NuVet he is on?? Any ideas on this?? It says it also helps with digestive health. That would be great if it does.

I stopped giving Nu-Vet when he went raw ,and I haven't gone back since I've switched him to the Rx Royal Canin so I don't know. Just give Nu-Vet a call and see what they say.

Where do see it helps with Digestive health? It says "Boosts immune function and respiratory health". I'm not seeing anything else..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] have you changed his food? Lucy used to get interdigital cyst until we did a food change and she doesn't get them any longer.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@brutus77 have you changed his food? Lucy used to get interdigital cyst until we did a food change and she doesn't get them any longer.
Brutus is was on Royal Canin HP. The vet just suggested that I try to switch him to TOW Ocean something or other. I can't remember but it has salmon and white fish in it. I started the switch on Friday and by Sunday Brutus was vomiting and running a low grade temp. Par for the course with him and any kind of food change. So back to royal canin for us. I will just have to deal with the interdigital cysts. They aren't big and never bleed. They usually resolve on their own. [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], maybe it was the first brand if Inflamzyme that I was looking at that said digestive health.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Brutus is was on Royal Canin HP. The vet just suggested that I try to switch him to TOW Ocean something or other. I can't remember but it has salmon and white fish in it. I started the switch on Friday and by Sunday Brutus was vomiting and running a low grade temp. Par for the course with him and any kind of food change. So back to royal canin for us. I will just have to deal with the interdigital cysts. They aren't big and never bleed. They usually resolve on their own. @Blueberrys Mom, maybe it was the first brand if Inflamzyme that I was looking at that said digestive health.

If he's not licking too much and the cysts are resolving on their own, I wouldn't worry (yet).
I know that the food we use is crappy. But if it helps alleviate their allergies, it's not crappy for them. I'd rather Blue be comfortable and happy, then on a higher quality food and miserable. It is what it is.
But if he doesn't get relief by the time we're done with this bag, I'm taking him off it.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I stopped giving Nu-Vet when he went raw ,and I haven't gone back since I've switched him to the Rx Royal Canin so I don't know. Just give Nu-Vet a call and see what they say.

Where do see it helps with Digestive health? It says "Boosts immune function and respiratory health". I'm not seeing anything else..
I just looked at the ingredients and it has 62mg of Bromelain in it whick is used for digestion. So it would probably help his tummy also.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] see above for the digestive info. that Rosalie posted.

I just looked at the ingredients and it has 62mg of Bromelain in it whick is used for digestion. So it would probably help his tummy also.

I didn't know Bromelain was used for digestion. Thanks, learn something new everyday.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If he's not licking too much and the cysts are resolving on their own, I wouldn't worry (yet).
I know that the food we use is crappy. But if it helps alleviate their allergies, it's not crappy for them. I'd rather Blue be comfortable and happy, then on a higher quality food and miserable. It is what it is.
But if he doesn't get relief by the time we're done with this bag, I'm taking him off it.
Is Blue on the HP? I usually notice relief right away. Although digestive issues are really our major problems. He does have allergies but we can deal with them. I cannot have him vomiting and being feverish and lethargic. If I tried to continue with the food change he then goes into a bacterial infection in his tummy. This is what he was hospitalized for in February.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@dieMuttivonBifi see above for the digestive info. that Rosalie posted.

I didn't know Bromelain was used for digestion. Thanks, learn something new everyday.

That is what is great about this site, what we all learn together because we all have similar problems. My order should be at the house on Wed. I am going to start it immediately. I will look at all the ingredients of both this and the NuVet and if nothing is the same, I will give both.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.