OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Is Blue on the HP? I usually notice relief right away. Although digestive issues are really our major problems. He does have allergies but we can deal with them. I cannot have him vomiting and being feverish and lethargic. If I tried to continue with the food change he then goes into a bacterial infection in his tummy. This is what he was hospitalized for in February.

Yep, he's on the HP. We haven't noticed relief yet because he caught kennel cough (or influenza) around the same time we made the complete switch. He stopped eating so I had to boil hamburger and rice for him. He was eating that for a little while.
Then, when he got better, didn't want to go back to the Royal HP. I was using various toppers up until a few days ago. Now he's back on it but we're doing training- so here come the special treats..sigh.. I can't seem to keep him solely on it.

Rosalie- is his problem mainly an allergic reaction to the food (vomiting, fever) or skin allergies from the protein? Because the formula he's on is the Rx for skin, right?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yep, he's on the HP. We haven't noticed relief yet because he caught kennel cough (or influenza) around the same time we made the complete switch. He stopped eating so I had to boil hamburger and rice for him. He was eating that for a little while.
Then, when he got better, didn't want to go back to the Royal HP. I was using various toppers up until a few days ago. Now he's back on it but we're doing training- so here come the special treats..sigh.. I can't seem to keep him solely on it.

Rosalie- is his problem mainly an allergic reaction to the food (vomiting, fever) or skin allergies from the protein? Because the formula he's on is the Rx for skin, right?
I think it a food allergy mainly. He gets a reaction to the protien in the food. He gets ear infections, cysts, and ultimately a bacterial infection in his tummy. I was understanding that the HP was a hydrolized, hypoallergenic food. good for sensitive digestion

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it a food allergy mainly. He gets a reaction to the protien in the food. He gets ear infections, cysts, and ultimately a bacterial infection in his tummy. I was understanding that the HP was a hydrolized, hypoallergenic food. good for sensitive digestion

I wonder if the food [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] is using would help either or both of your furkids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting... i would love to stop the Benedryl... maybe I will get this for Banks too

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
I know Josephine also and I started Chum on Inflamzyme about a year ago. He has done absolutely great on it..no tear stains or skin problems at all...I'm put Hershey on it too about a week ago because he's had numerous allergic issues in the past and so far so good with him! I recommend it!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@Blueberrys Mom @brutus77
I know Josephine also and I started Chum on Inflamzyme about a year ago. He has done absolutely great on it..no tear stains or skin problems at all...I'm put Hershey on it too about a week ago because he's had numerous allergic issues in the past and so far so good with him! I recommend it!
This is really good to hear. I can't wait to get mine and start them on it.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Thanks for the info.
How many times a day do you give it? She said twice, morning and evening.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think I'm going to get this Inlamyzyme too. [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], you didn't notice any adverse rxn's w/Chumley when he would take the tablet? I get nervous when it's a human-made med that we give to our dogs. But it sounds like it's safe. I want to give it Tate b/c he gets very bad tear stains and Finn b/c he licks paws and is itchy often.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Are you still using the NuVet too?!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I think I'm going to get this Inlamyzyme too. @Chumley, you didn't notice any adverse rxn's w/Chumley when he would take the tablet? I get nervous when it's a human-made med that we give to our dogs. But it sounds like it's safe. I want to give it Tate b/c he gets very bad tear stains and Finn b/c he licks paws and is itchy often.
No reactions at all...as a matter of fact I took him off it about 2 months ago because I was concerned it wasn't specifically made for animals and I started both chum and Hershey on Nu Vet and his tear stains started to come back..I never determined whether it was starting the nuvet or stopping the Inflamzyme but I went back to it and he's ok again. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I stopped the NuVet but it's supposed to help with tear stains..Aside from Josephine I never heard of anyone else using Inflamzyme and I heard so many great things about nuvet that I wanted to try it...I'm not sure if it was the change or seasonal but the stains came back..so he's off it for now.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
that is reassuring [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], thanks. I'm getting a shipment of the inflamzyme tonight so will give the boys their first dose this evening. [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], has Blue started his yet?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] nope, just got it this afternoon.

amazon took forever to ship.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
good thread, guys. Just wanted to chime in with nonsense: 'Inflamzyme' doesn't roll of the tongue very well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online