teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION]
Thank you. This will be my 1st bulldog. How can you tell that the breeder has glued them? Which picture give the impression? Would love to learn the trick.......

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Puppies ears don't naturally hang that low- usually what is done is the ear is folded in half and downward- and the top part of the ear is glued to the bottom part. Many people have issues with this but it is harmless and most serious show breeders will glue the ear to basically train the ear cartilage to lay that way- as the standard calls for the top of the ear to be level with the top of the skull. So in the third pic you posted it's hard to tell but it looks like the ear has been folded over and backward to expose the "rose" and by glueing the upper to the lower part of the ear it retrains the cartilage to lay in that direction. More often than not you will see a bulldog with rose ears but they are high set and are not level with the top of the skull. So glueing helps pull the ear down to keep it level with the top of the skull. Check out you tube

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Scueva, thank you for the explanation. Last silly question, i presume the glue will not be forever right? Ie eventually will the glue disconnect? Just worried of it being cruel to the pup. Thanks again

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
The glue will naturally wear off in 3-4 weeks. It is possible for some dogs to have a mild reaction to the glue such as bumps or minor hair loss- neither is really a big deal as they will subside when the glue wears off.

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION]
Thank you for the input... Am new into this and searching as many data point as possible on anything i can do for him. Will look into the wipes..... My problem is we dont have much alternative for product in my country..... [emoji17][emoji17] will post more pic by end of month. He is suppose to arrive end of month.....

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
I am very new in this. Original purpose of having the pup was to accompany my son. However, i was thinking, might as well try to join show if i can get this right. I dont know tho whether or not he is show quality...... Breeder said he is. Any view from you? Thanks again

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you do show? Any recommendation as to what i need to do to establish good show quality attitude or character in the dog? Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online