teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Hi all,
Heard from a friend that we have to "glue" bulldog's ear if they are not in rose form. I was initially saying that only applies for those intending to go for show.

However, i was told gluing the ear (in case it doesnt come with rose ear shape) is also important to make sure that it form a rose ear shape to ensure air flows to dry the ear.

What are your input on this?

Rgrds

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It is true that floppy ears are more susceptible to ear infections. Like with breeds that are supposed to have floppy ears. You can find videos on how Glue bulldogs ears in youtube.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am not an expert in this, but I think it has to be done very early in age to work..... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I've never glued puppy ears, they all end up rosing naturally. I have two adults with floppy ears and I love them, their ears are no different in cleaning than my others. As long as you care for the ears properly and don't plan on showing floppy ears can be super cute! But more than likely they will stand up on their own. Most puppies at 8 weeks and younger still have floppy ears. They also are much bigger at 8 weeks and then they start to rise as they grow into them after this age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is my boy Otis and his floppy ears

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410012981.131493.jpg

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
It's 50 % of breaders do it.
Diesel we didn't do.
Nula and paisley both got done.
Have a look on Utube. It's all on there

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks all. I am waiting for my bulldog. This is a picture that was provided by the breeder at the age of 8 weeks. Should i be worry? I dont know how to do it and worry i get it wrong:

44d7e3ea298c5d97bd196afaeca39f1b.jpg

994d03074d99045f8ebf0387360636f8.jpg

c17c4ed5e2da148cbb074a385e5dcf40.jpg

9baecb0a90af3ec1608c0786a1b53fdb.jpg

I will only get him at the age of 12 weeks and thus concern if it will already been to late.

Any view on him is much appreciated.

GuidoMarmo

May 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gemini, Guido, Marmo
Hi, I bet you cannot wait to start your life with such an adorable bullie! They are a blessing and a great joy to have in your life. About the ears, if you aren't going to show the little guy the ears will not be an issue. Out of 4 bullies I only had one with floppy ears. The breeder glued them and after that only one actually stayed in the rose shape so my handsome Guido has one rose and one floppy! Makes him even cuter than he already is. I do not have any issues with his floppy ear and he does hold it up when he "wants" to listen to me haha So long as you keep the ears clean, which you need to do anyway your baby will be just fine. Good luck with your new baby and I am sure he will grab your heart and enrich your life every day!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg :faint: he is tooooooo cute!

By 12 weeks they will likely already have rosed.

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=11957]GuidoMarmo[/MENTION]
I cant wait and has been counting days. I live in Indonesia and has been really receive a lot of help from this forum. You wont believe what i have purchased from amazon, to stock up all the referred vitamins, food etc..... I just cant wait.
Btw, do you mean even by gluing the ear it may not turn out rose?
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]
Thank you. I presume this means his ear is sufficiently rose, and i should not worry that it may affect his health?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nice looking baby, and the ears so far look good, and at 12 weeks old, I wouldn't glue them. It is usually done at about 5 weeks old. We have never glued any of our pups ears and they have always rosed back.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
He looks precious and his ears don't look floppy to me. My younger boys ears rose up at around 11 weeks and they were a lot floppier at that age, so don't worry. And even if they don't rise and you're not going to show him, you just keep his ears clean and there's no problems. He's no spaniel;) No matter what kind of ears, they need to be kept clean.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online