General Question Allergies

laurellucy

Sep 2, 2014
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy Ann
Hi everyone!
I recently adopted a bulldog back in July and she is the love of my life! recently she has been scratching at her ears more frequent and licking her paws. Occasionally she will scoot her booty across the floor but I just got her anal glands expressed and she has been treated with flea and tick meds monthly. Also her tears are staining her white face a little more.

I am feeding her blue mountain dog food because that is what the shelter was feeding her but I have heard from multiple sources that it is not a quality food (my uncle works for a grain company who makes the kibble and said its quality isn't what I am paying for). Benadryl seems to help a little bit. I also have tried three different oatmeal based shampoos. I just want my girl to be comfortable!

Laurel and Lucy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

I would say first thing to do is get her on a grain-free high quality food... Nature Variety, Fromm, Orejin, just to name a few... I think you will see a big change once you find the right food for her.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When you say blue mountain are you speaking of blue wilderness Rocky Mountain recipe? That's all I could find in google search.

It is an expensive food, I've only tried one small bag. Certainly you can try another food to see if you get better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
First, welcome to EBN.

I agree with the above posts. Food makes a difference. Do you perform routine maintenance on Lucy Ann's nose rope, ears, and tail pocket (if she has one)? Are you getting any gunk out of her ears? If unresolved, I recommend a trip to the vet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.