Help Needed! Sick bulldog or allergies?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did take him to a bulldog vet this morning. They couldn't find any blockages. They actually aren't really sure what is wrong. They gave him a shot to stop the nausea so we can try to kick start his eating again. I brought him into work with me and he is doing pretty alright so far.

Let's hope he just had a little tummy bug and he is back to normal soon. If not, and things continue make sure any xray is done with barium, it will show any blockage that a regular xray will not pick up. @bullmama and [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] had this happen with their bullies

OP
L

Leyth

Sep 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Turbo
Today at work he has been pretty normal. He is peeing a lot, but I think that is from the medicine at the vet. He also has been eating today. He pooped earlier as well, it was a solid dark ball. Maybe it was the thing he was struggling with? I didn't really check it out in detail.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
When Blue swallowed a squeaker, it didn't show up on an x-ray. We had to insist on a sonogram, and that's where they saw it. They didn't offer us a barium (you mean for contrast right?) x-ray, didn't know it was an option. Thanks for the info. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12732]Leyth[/MENTION] did your vet do an x-ray? How did they rule out blockage?
Regarding the poop.. umm.. the only way to know for sure if he passed something, is to check the poop. Yeah, very nasty. But other than checking, there's no way to tell.

Either way, good to hear he's feeling better.

OP
L

Leyth

Sep 2, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Turbo
Uhh, I'm not really sure how they ruled it out, he said he doesn't see any gas patches or something? However, other than the sniffles Turbo seems to be doing great. He just ate dinner and he pooped a few hours before that. He is just catching up on sleep lately from I can tell.

Most Reactions