Allergies?

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
That poor boy..that looks like it was very painful..I'm glad to read that he is feeling better now!!

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We had a bully several years ago who got horrific hot spots that looked like this (usually much smaller). The vet would clean and shave around it, ointment, antibiotics etc. After awhile I started using sulfodene and handled it ourselves. It worked! When we moved away from the house with junipers in the yard that she loved to crawl under for shade, the hot spots stopped!

So, Brutus could be rubbing up against something.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_1zknkskh52_b

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
poshgroomer

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
I found a dog food that is grain free and I'd like your opinions on it :-) it's called pure-vita by nutri source. It comes in Turkey, salmon, or bison. It comes in kibble or wet. The wet comes in chicken, turkey, or beef stew flavors.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I found a dog food that is grain free and I'd like your opinions on it :-) it's called pure-vita by nutri source. It comes in Turkey, salmon, or bison. It comes in kibble or wet. The wet comes in chicken, turkey, or beef stew flavors.
@bullmama [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's an OK food that just happens to be grain free (but still has more carbs than the better grain free formulas).

The protein content is average, but since peas are the 3rd ingredient in their salmon and turkey formula, and the second in their bison formula,
I think that most of the protein is coming from carbs (peas), and not animals.

I wouldn't use it.

OP
poshgroomer

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
Ok I need a recipe for the raw diet. I'm done looking for the easy route. :-) if you want it done right . . .

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
The original photos are some of the worst I have ever seen. I'm not surprised Brutus has been hospitalized 3x. He looks like he needs to be on strong Antibiotics,
Temeril-P and appropriate shampoo and a new Diet for sure. Keep us posted on his condition, I'm very concerned for this poor Baby.

Members online

No members online now.