RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Do the allergy test work? I was about to get something to drink and I read twenty five percent of Monica's post. I was so confused I forgot what I was doing.....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Do the allergy test work? I was about to get something to drink and I read twenty five percent of Monica's post. I was so confused I forgot what I was doing.....

They should work provided your pup hasn't been on any allergy meds for a bit. Also, they can't identify food allergies.

We had to have it done twice. First time it showed he wasn't allergic to anything. Then we went to a dermatologist who used a different lab and turns out he's allergic to quite a few things.

Depending on where you are the cost can be anywhere from 200-500. I'm in New York city (Manhattan) and the cost was something like 400-450 each time.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I feel so sorry for Brutus. Does he need to get the allergy test or the dermatologist? If the test is $300 and it will make him better I'm in for half if someone wants to go in with me. He has to feel miserable. Ralphie

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I know you said you're short on funds, but Betagen (which you can buy online as long as your vet gives the Rx) is only about 25 bucks and would help provided it's not yeast or viral. I doubt it's either.
It's a spray and I was told to use as needed by my vet. It's really helped with Blues itching and I prefer it to putting him on steroids.

Just something to try.

OP
poshgroomer

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
That's very generous ralphieboy. I'm going that moving him out of the environment he is in will help. I'm going to do some more research on feeding raw.

OP
poshgroomer

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
f9c3bcf8831955d9f23aff781264796f.jpg
74276f43addcaefa2c900bcddb2ce630.jpg

How about this brand? Anyone try this?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Too many grains. I wouldn't chance feeding it to him.
You'll find that most here feed grain free.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Too many grains. I wouldn't chance feeding it to him.
You'll find that most here feed grain free.

I agree too many grains. I suggest either home cooking or feeding raw that way you can do protein elimination and you control what he eats. I feel so sorry for your little boy hope he gets well soon.

@RalphieBoy that is mighty generous of you :yes:.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree I wouldn't feed this, it's not a bad food but don't see why it's "made for bullies by bulldog owners". It's primarily made of chicken meal, pork meal and chicken fat. After that it has many grains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Wow. I have just seen this. I cannot comment anymore than above but I pray your baby gets better very soon. Please keep us updated. 😢😢😢

OP
poshgroomer

poshgroomer

Sep 1, 2014
Those are old photos from earlier this year. He has since healed those up :-) now instead of the wet sores, he scratches off his hair on things like chairs and bed sides and tree trunks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Those are old photos from earlier this year. He has since healed those up :-) now instead of the wet sores, he scratches off his hair on things like chairs and bed sides and tree trunks

Ooooooooooooo ... good to hear that is all gone, let's hope it stays that way. seriously, look into The Honest Kitchen, it is a great food

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I have been out of town. I'm glad Brutus is on the mend. If he gets like that again the offers always on the table. Ralphie

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.