Help Needed! english bulldog with runny nose

Tiara

Aug 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dutchess
I just got a new puppy she is 7 months old who was kept in a kennel outside and when I got her she was fine until all of a sudden she gets a runny nose and is gagging like there is something in her throat. Should I be worried?

Attachments

• 20140831_065745.jpg
    20140831_065745.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 204

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The best thing to do when you get a new pup(or even a grown dog) is to take them to your vet for a check up. If you have a shot record for her-bring it with you. She could have allergies, is her runny nose clear, or white or green? Sometimes the stress of a new situation can affect them. She needs to be checked for worms, and for anyone to help you with suggestions, they would need a little more info about your dog.

OP
T

Tiara

Aug 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dutchess
a her nose is runny it's look white, she gags but nothing comes out. And you know when a human try to sniff back in snot that's what she does. And when she sleep she breathe out her mouth.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
a her nose is runny it's look white, she gags but nothing comes out. And you know when a human try to sniff back in snot that's what she does. And when she sleep she breathe out her mouth.

I would definitely call your vet tomorrow and hope he can see her right away. Do not take a chance on waiting. Could turn serious very quickly. [MENTION=12713]Tiara[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would definitely call your vet tomorrow and hope he can see her right away. Do not take a chance on waiting. Could turn serious very quickly. [MENTION=12713]Tiara[/MENTION]

I agree, sounds like she may have an infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a sweet face! :welcome3: to EBN.

I agree with Lynn... nothing to mess with, could be an infection starting up. Please keep us posted

OP
T

Tiara

Aug 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dutchess
Okay I will let know how she's doing when I take her tomorrow morning. I just hope she is okay because I love her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.