Help Needed! Question about urine sample

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys- I suspect duke has a uti so I collected a urine sample from him this morning- I'll take it to the vet tomorrow- I put it in the fridge in a closed container- that should be ok rigjt?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi I'm sorry to hear that Duke isn't feeling well. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with UTIs, and I'm not sure if its okay to store the urine or not. I know urine is sterile when it is first collected, but over time, it starts to grow bacteria, not sure if the fridge keeps it longer. You could call the vet and ask them if its okay to store the urine for a day, or if it will alter the test results? I hope Duke feels better soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UTI's suck.... Hope it clears up quick! And, yes, but make sure you take it in first thing in the AM.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Urine shoud not be "older" than 2 hours when tested. Hope he's OK....

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks for the input guys - it was pretty easy to collect the sample so I guess I'll just collect another in the am to be safe- I remember when duchess was a pup and I had to get a sample- now that was tricky

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.