It's An Umbilical Hernia

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bentley had his stitches removed and I asked about what I felt on his belly. It turned out he has a self reducing umbilical hernia. He now has to go under the knife again. My little guy can't catch a break. He is a real trooper though.
02de4f56b856e4df33765700ba1d70f5.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww Roger I'm so sorry you're going through this with Bentley, and that he has to go through another surgery.
Did the stitches or the first surgery cause the hernia, or did he already have one? It's too bad they didn't detect this during the first surgery, so they could have repaired it at the same time. When are they going to do the hernia repair? Please keep us posted on how he's doing, and when he has his surgery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, no!! So sorry he has to go in again... Send healing thoughts and prayers all goes well

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear this… we had a puppy that had one, but it actually reduced itself on it's own. Poor baby :(

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Aww Roger I'm so sorry you're going through this with Bentley, and that he has to go through another surgery.
Did the stitches or the first surgery cause the hernia, or did he already have one? It's too bad they didn't detect this during the first surgery, so they could have repaired it at the same time. When are they going to do the hernia repair? Please keep us posted on how he's doing, and when he has his surgery.
Yes this is what the vet said. She will not charge us for the anesthesia. We were told this is congenital and she didn't notice when she examined him previously. The mass was reduced when he went on his back.

Bentley has turned into a wild man after neutering. He does his business then takes off running all over the yard. We now play ball. I throw and he retrieves the ball actually bringing it back to me.

He has come a long way since we got him June 26. Unfortunately, he misses playing with Jewel because she is on injured reserve.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bummer, but it should go well, and then he will be all fixed up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.