Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I had a Drs appointment this afternoon, and I was gone for a couple of hours. While I was gone, my son took Blossom for a walk, it was 25 degrees C and humid out. He was going to take her to the corner store with him, but brought her back home because he could see she was too hot. I tell him all the time not to take her for walks in the heat. She seemed okay, she wasn't panting, and fell asleep. After about 1/2 an hour I fed Dozer and Blossom their dinner, that was about 1/2 an hour ago, and she just vomited up all her kibble, it wasn't even digested yet. She still seems fine, she's been home for a couple of hours, and she's not hot, or panting, but she is sleeping. Has anyone had this happen to them after being in the heat? I'm worried about her, I hope she's okay.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
This has happened twice before with goob in the last three years. The first time, goob was running and running, playing very hard and almost an hour later he had his breakfast. After about 20 minutes, he threw up ALL of his food. No bile. No foam. Just undigested kibble. He seemed to go right back to normal. I have him handfuls of chicken broth, chicken, and rice (no allergies) for the next few hours. I dont know if its true but I figured that if he threw up, the acids in his tummy were going crazy and I didnt want it to stay empty until dinner. He was fine and no more vomitting.

The second time, it was a very hot day and he wanted to follow us out front. We were sitting in the shade but it was still pretty hot. We came in, gave him breakfast and again, he threw up within 30 minutes or so. I did the same thing as before and he went right back to normal.

I can't say for SURE if it was the heat or if it was something else but since he went back to normal so quickly, I knew that it wasn't anything to be alarmed about.

I hope your girl is doing better:).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can definitely be due to her having been too hot, keep close eye on her ... But she should be fine if it was the heat!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom threw up again about an hour ago, and this time it was brown and all liquid, it had a red berry in it, my son said she had eaten a few red berries on the sidewalk that were from the trees. He said he took one out of her mouth, and she threw one up here tonight, he thought she ate about 3 of the berries. I phoned the vet, and he said to keep an eye on her, her breathing is normal, but she seems really tired, it could be because it's 11:00 at night and she's just tired, but the vet said to observe her. It's going to be a long night sitting with her, and watching. I'm hoping if it was tree berries that made her sick, that she threw them up, and now just has an upset tummy. I've been searching on line for red poisonous tree berries, but haven't had any luck identifying the tree. My son brought one of the leaves in, I'll post a picture of the tree. I hope she is okay, will continue to watch her, and will keep you posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 132

bonbon223

Jan 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rita and Daisy
My dog Rita will do that too sometimes.When Rita and my other dog Daisy will play real hard or just randomly sometimes she will barf. Sometimes its just water and mucus or a big chunk of her food. We live in Az and it gets real hot here too. But I won't walk them until its dark.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I don't know what kind of plant that is. I would suggest taking to a tree/plant nursery for identification. We hope Blossom is doing better this morning.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Blossom threw up again about an hour ago, and this time it was grown and all liquid, it had a red berry in it, my son said she had eaten a few red berries on the sidewalk that were for the trees. He said he took one out of her mouth, and she threw one up here tonight, he thought she ate about 3 of the berries. I phoned the vet, and he said to keep an eye on her, her breathing is normal, but she seems really tired, it could be because it's 11:00 at night and she's just tired, but the vet said to observe her. It's going to be a long night sitting with her, and watching. I'm hoping if it was tree berries that made her sick, that she threw them up, and now just has an upset tummy. I've been searching on line for red poisonous tree berries, but haven't had any luck identifying the tree. My son brought one of the leaves in, I'll post a picture of the tree. I hope she is okay, will continue to watch her, and will keep you posted.

I have aves no idea what those leaves are.... How is Blossom doing?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope she's okay, anymore vomiting? Sounds like it could have been the berries, I don't like the sound of the brown liquid throw up :(. Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey guys Blossom slept most of the night beside me, I went to bed at 2:00 am, and my son sat with her until 6:00 am. She didn't vomit anymore during the night, but she was very sleepy, and wouldn't play like her usual self, and her eyes didn't look their usual brightness. This morning we gave her 1/3 of her normal kibble to see how her tummy was, and so far she's kept it down for 3 hours. She looks much better this morning, and her eyes are looking more normal. I think she had an upset tummy from the berries, and after throwing up is okay now. I couldn't sleep last night, I hate when they don't feel well. She looked so sad last night, and slept with her head on my lap. Thanks everyone for your help and for asking about her.

Now my next question is, for the last month or so, Blossom has been randomly eating things on our walks, this time it was berries on the ground, but she has been eating cigarette butts for the last month, I know these are toxic and poisonous, and can be quite dangerous when ingested. I can take most of them from her mouth, but she has swallowed some, and I've seen a few butts in her poops. It's very difficult to avoid these, because they are everywhere on the sidewalks, grass, at the plaza, and parks. I am constantly watching the ground when we walk, and divert her when I can, but she always seems to find them, and she's so quick. She's 2 and 1/2 years old and has just started doing this, I don't understand why they have to eat everything. I'm worried she is going to eat too many cigarette butts, or something poison like the berries again and get really sick. My son suggested a muzzle for her when we go on walks so she can't pick up stuff and eat it, but I don't think this is safe for a bully. I would think a muzzle would make it difficult for her to breath, or compromise her breathing when she's on a walk. Is there any bully safe muzzle, like a soft one that would stop her from being able to eat things outside, but still allow her to breath? Has anybody had any similar experiences with their bully eating things outside?, does anyone use a muzzle on their bully? Any suggestions or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing I can do is not take her on long walks, but she loves her walks. I just don't want her to eat anything else, plus my arm is getting really sore from redirecting her all the time.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When redirecting are you using treats? Also, have you trained her 'leave it'. If I did not have Banks trained on leave it, she would be just like your baby... Eating everything on the walk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.