Walter had his first dip today...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great little guy.... such a trooper. Mom, on the other hand, will need a Napa Valley weekend when this is all over

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww..Wally, I'm so glad you did good. Your poor mommy needs a break!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So dare I ask what could be the side effects...I'm not familiar with "the dip"....

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So dare I ask what could be the side effects...I'm not familiar with "the dip"....

Side effects listed were vomiting, sedation, disorientation, unsteady gait, decreased gut movement, slow heart rate… and of course the added coma, seizures and death!!! It is used on dogs to control ticks, mites and lice.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my:faint:Hopefully he gets none of those!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
walter is getting so so big!!!! such a handsome little boy baby!!!!

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Oh wow that's a lot of scary side effects..I would prob be freaking out too..we never did that we just did the ivermectin orally and he had a shot of something that gave him severe diarrhea that we had to go back and get another shot to stop..(that was the end of my upstairs hall rugs) did your vet say why she preferred the dips to ivermectin? Poor guy

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh wow that's a lot of scary side effects..I would prob be freaking out too..we never did that we just did the ivermectin orally and he had a shot of something that gave him severe diarrhea that we had to go back and get another shot to stop..(that was the end of my upstairs hall rugs) did your vet say why she preferred the dips to ivermectin? Poor guy

From the research that I've done on demodex mange treatments… the dips is the first resort, and then Ivermectin is recommended. Ivermectin has listed some of the same side effects as the dips :( Let's face it… is is ALL bad whether they take it topically or orally. It's meant to kill these DAMN mites…

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
So Glad Wally's first Dip went well, poor you and can only imagine how much you would have worried. Wally has sure gotten bigger, so sweet laying on his bed. Sure is an adventure reading about Wally ! :D

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We are keeping Wally in our thoughts he will be mites free ! -there is no other option xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.