Is it an allergy ????

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
After I lost Annie a few years ago to what I was told was severe allergies to the point her breathing became compromised ,I stumbled on a condition called leaky gut syndrome all the symptoms matched her supposed allergies ,I wished I'd have found this condition before losing her ,anyone who is having allergy /skin problems please read up on this condition before going down the testing/ steroid route ,it's an eye opener

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG - Karen... you think she was mis-diagnosed that whole time?

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Yes I do,all her symptoms point to leaky gut,I will never take such drastic action again ,if my current bulldog starts with allergy like symptoms/ yeast ,then I would definatly do the leaky gut protocol ,we all jump on the allergy bandwagon if a knee jerk reaction ,but tho dogs are treated with all the allergy treatments they never really get better

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just read up on it and I completely agree. Many of the key factors discussed include diet and probiotics to maintain a healthy digestive system. and giving antibiotics as well as steroids will only put a band aid on the problem because once those are done or wear off, the problems usually come back even worse if no diet changes are made. My vet rarely gives antibiotics for this reason, and IF they must be given he also gives strict orders to include probiotics.

I know you still have a broken heart about Annie, as well as all of us, sending a big hug to you. Unfortunately many times pet owners put our faith in vets who actually slowly kill our pets with all the unnecessary prescriptions of medications as well as immunizations.

I love Doctor Becker and she is top notch in holistic veterinary medicine, she has great info on so many of these issues. She's on YouTube!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Karen, this is really interesting information, I will definitely have to read up on this. You hear so much on leaky gut syndrome in humans, I hadn't thought about dogs having it.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Thanks for broadening our thinking! I really hate using all these drugs! Charley once again has yeasty ears and staph in one of them. Cephalexin plus eardrops that include steroids. Aargh! This gets out of control about twice a year. Heading over to read that article right now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.