My Bully is rubbing his Face into the Carpet ......

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has been rubbing his face non-stop into the carpeting on the floor. He is ripping his face apart. I don't know what to do. Is there any type of cream or ointment I can apply to his face to ease the itch, so he won't do this ? HELP ~!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Sounds like allergies- more than likely environmental- try Benadryl - 1mg per 1LB body weight- twice a day- I found that dosing to be a lot and it made mine sleep constantly - I cut dosage down to 1 pill twice a day- definately has helped

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Maximus has been rubbing his face non-stop into the carpeting on the floor. He is ripping his face apart. I don't know what to do. Is there any type of cream or ointment I can apply to his face to ease the itch, so he won't do this ? HELP ~!

Please give him 2 benadryl tablets right away. Is his face all puffy around the eyes and lips? If so, it is an allergic reaction. If you have saline solution (not the contact lens cleaner but the regular stuff you can put in your eye) you can rinse his eye to get any pollen out of there. Another reason he may be doing this is to get crud out of his nose rope and facial folds. If those are already clean and the benadryl does not help in 20 minutes, a trip to the vet is in order for a steroid shot to stop the reaction he is having. Good luck and keep us posted!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with the Benedryl-try it. Also, clean his wrinkies with Witch hazel and when it dries, try to get some Gold bond Medicated powder in his wrinkles-but not in his eyes.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I use destin on my boys wrinkles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Right now, the Vet has him on Temeril-P (which is a steroid/antihistamine combination) and Cephalexin antibiotic. I'm hoping that this helps and I won't have to resort to Benadryl - which would be a double-whammy with the Temeril-P and I don't want to overdose him. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks.

Most Reactions