Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That does not look like mange to me, but it could be a skin dermatitis. HAs the vet given you any type of medications? Antibiotics or anything like that? Since it was two weeks after a food change I would almost guarantee it is an immune problem due to a change in the food ingredients. Hopefully the new food will help. As I told you and p.m. I would definitely be looking into nuvet plus. But don't change too many things at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ugh... I so dislike Purina --sigh. Give the Zignature a few weeks/month to get any results--- if his mange tests came back twice as negative -- i guess this is the route to take

Kshingle

Jun 20, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
That does not look like mange to me, but it could be a skin dermatitis. HAs the vet given you any type of medications? Antibiotics or anything like that? Since it was two weeks after a food change I would almost guarantee it is an immune problem due to a change in the food ingredients. Hopefully the new food will help. As I told you and p.m. I would definitely be looking into nuvet plus. But don't change too many things at once.

I am planning on ordering Nuvet plus once the skin thing is cleared up (assuming that happens soon). I dont really want to introduce anything new into his diet while we try to determine what is causing the reaction.

Kshingle

Jun 20, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
Ugh... I so dislike Purina --sigh. Give the Zignature a few weeks/month to get any results--- if his mange tests came back twice as negative -- i guess this is the route to take

I just worry my vet isn't good at taking samples or something. I am happy to be rid of purina.

Kshingle

Jun 20, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne

Yea he is on an antibiotic - but it's not changing anything :-/

Kshingle

Jun 20, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne

is zignature a good brand? I was told at Chuck and Don's that it's one of their top brands for dogs with potential allergy issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is zignature a good brand? I was told at Chuck and Don's that it's one of their top brands for dogs with potential allergy issues.
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]. And [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] ate better with food advice than i am

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Zignature is a good food and it doesn't hurt to try it. Do a slow transition, then once he's fully on it, give it a full 30 days to see if there's improvement.

If you go with Zignature, try to go with a protein he's never been on before so he hasn't had a chance to develop any allergies to it (yet).

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree zignature is a decent food :yes: Worth trying it and remember it takes two weeks to a month to see full effects from food changes

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hey - can someone tell me what the demodex mange looks like? My dog is thinning hair in patches on his back and the mange scraping came back negative. I still think it's mange tho!

U can always try to get a 2nd opinion my Brett had mange. Vet prescribed medicated shampoo antibiotics and dips. Also I've used Nu Stock. Amazon sells it.

Members online

No members online now.