URGENT!!! end of life questions

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
Sorry to hear you going through this... Try some Rhus Tox for her arthritis. You can get it from a health grocery store or online.

I missed this comment, I just ordered it at Amazon. THANKS! She's still hanging in there, I made a "sling" to put around her to help her up and down the stairs. She could not get the idea to pee on the back deck, she's been a good dog about NEVER peeing anywhere except outside in the grass....she has some really good days, and some really bad ones...but I think it's still not time. :/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I missed this comment, I just ordered it at Amazon. THANKS! She's still hanging in there, I made a "sling" to put around her to help her up and down the stairs. She could not get the idea to pee on the back deck, she's been a good dog about NEVER peeing anywhere except outside in the grass....she has some really good days, and some really bad ones...but I think it's still not time. :/

enjoy her.... hugs to you both

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

thanku for updating us on Jelly. I know i don't need to tell u this but keep showering her with lots of hugs 'n kisses :heartsign:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Just saw this thread now. I am crying because Jelly looks so sweet. Prayers for you and your baby. The sling is a great idea! Petunia and i send our love. <3

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
My Mickey - who is 10-11 years old too - has severe arthritis in his spine and hips. I have recently put him on Tramadol and it seems to be helping him. I was having trouble with him sleeping at night - he was up and down all night. Now he sleeps most of the night. I had to put my Lilly down two years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but she had lymphoma and she stayed with me as long as she could, but one day I knew it was time. She knew it was hard for me and like the trooper she was she tried her best not to make it too hard for me. My prayers are with you.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
shes beautiful!! and i just cried at work!! i do not want to see that day come....

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
shes beautiful!! and i just cried at work!! i do not want to see that day come....

I cry frequently...she's such a good dog. So sweet and gentle. I've been using a sling to help her up and down the stairs, I think that makes it a little easier, she has good days and bad days. But overall I think she is still enjoying life as she knows it now...it makes me sad to think of the days when she actually walked on a leash. Now her days are spent sleeping and not much else. :(

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
You are a Wonderful Mom and Jelly is One Lucky Lady to have You for her Mom. Love To You and Precious Jelly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so sorry you are facing this heartbreaking decision, and it can be a struggle to know when the right time is to say goodbye, it's one of the hardest choices you'll ever face for your pet. Unfortunately we raise our pets like our children but their time with us is never long enough. There is no right or wrong answer, but you will know in your heart, and you know your dog. When he stops enjoying life, or he is in pain, or everyday things like walking, playing, or climbing stairs become a struggle, then you will know it's time. No one would ever think bad of you for helping your baby cross over the rainbow bridge, you love your baby, and you don't want to see him suffer. Spend time with him, let each family member have their individual time with him, and have a special day with him, doing things or going places he likes, and take some family photos of him to have that memory.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.