Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Need advise on flea and tick medication. What are my options? The best out there. Concerns, etc. My boy just weighed in at 14.2#'s
Harveyspecter12.JPG

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a cutie. We don't use any flea and tick meds, we use Sentinel for heart worms and it takes care of fleas also. I have heard of some people using diatomaceous earth for fleas and ticks, but I have never tried it. We don't have a flea and tick problem.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we use Revolution. It takes care of fleas, ticks, heart worm, and Sarcoptic Mange. It's administered once a month between the months of June and November. We have great results with it, never had a flea, and no side effects or Illness from it. This is our second season using Revolution.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a cutie pie! We live in PA with woods behind our so fleas and ticks are everywhere... We use Sentinel for heartworm which works great for fleas too... The topical we use is Vectra 3D never any issue with either and have used both for many many years

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We use Sentinel as well for the fleas and heartworm. I've heard using eucalyptus oil is a natural remedy for ticks, but I've never tried it since we don't have ticks in our area. Good luck with your decision.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We need to use a tick prevention here and have opted for Frontline this year (last year when Castor was a pup we did not use anything). Frontline has been effective - no ticks at all. Only side effect was that Castor was itchy the first two days and that he then developed a nose rope rash that may have been connected with his exposure to Frontline. We don't know but the rash did appear a week or so after we applied Frontline. It was cured within a week.

There are possible side effects of all those products so consult your vet and also ask other dog owners in your area of their experiences. We opted for Frontline as noone we met had noticed any side effects of that product.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.