Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vomiting for 24 hrs can't hold down water

Hi Rosemarie. I'm so sorry you're going through this with Buster. I agree with Tracey, the X-ray does look like there is a shadow, it looks like the X-ray they they took of Dozer when he swallowed a sock. ( Things like socks, toilet paper, paper towel, cloths, and other soft textiles won't show up on an X-ray, it will show as a shadow. The only thing that will show these things is either a barium X-ray or a scope, but he would need to be put under anesthesia to do the procedure). Dozer was throwing up, had diarrhea, and became lethargic. I took him to the vet and they gave him IV fluids, pain medication, and a laxative to help move his bowels. After being on IV for a few hours, they sent us home with a High Fibre dog food, it was a Prescription Food from the vet. I believe it was made by Science Diet. We were told to feed him 1 Tbsp of the food every one to two hours to help move the object down. Later that night he pooped out the sock. I wouldn't give him food for right now, because he's vomiting, but I would continue to give him water, otherwise he could dehydrate. If this continues I would definitely take him back to the vets. It definitely sounds like he's swallowed something, and I hope he can pass it on his own. Crossing my fingers and toes. Sending hugs and prayers he's okay. Please keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Hi. My Brutus had a partial obsrtuction that he passed on his own. He had the same thing, constant vomiting and no appetite. He did not have diarrhea so maybe that would be the last thing I would look for. Keep an eye open for lethargy. I would also try to see if he would eat boiled sirloin and rice. Maybe this will initiate a bowel movement and whatever it is will pass. Good luck. I will pray for you and Brutus.
    My smooshy face boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sweet Roe roe... Love and miss you honey! The gang has you cover sorry i am late but i agree get the barium done -- many here had issues that dis not show up in regular xrays
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Roe! Miss u too. I'm so sorry with what's going on with Brutus right now. I don't have anything to add but just wanted to give you my support and letting u know i'm thinking of you and praying for the best outcome for Brutus. Please keep us posted!!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Sweet Roe roe... Love and miss you honey! The gang has you cover sorry i am late but i agree get the barium done -- many here had issues that dis not show up in regular xrays
    I got your pm but I'm having trouble replying! I appreciate you always!!! Sorry I disappeared just had a lot of crap! We waited a little and he didn't throw up again this morning after drinking! We took him for a short walk to see if he had energy and he did good! He ate some. Land chicken and so far keeping it all down We are going to wait until Tommorow morning bc I don't trust the ER vet

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Hi Roe! Miss u too. I'm so sorry with what's going on with Brutus right now. I don't have anything to add but just wanted to give you my support and letting u know i'm thinking of you and praying for the best outcome for Brutus. Please keep us posted!!
    Hope you and he boys are well!!! It's been too long!!! So far today he is much better and holding down food and water (bland diet) We are golfing to our normal vet Tommorow morning
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Just checking in to see how Brutus is doing… glad to hear he's holding food/water down now. Keep us posted tomorrow when you take him to the vets!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Roe I cant offer any advice as I have never had this but such good advice from the others just want to send my prayers and hoping all improves with Brutus.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I hope he is doing better and keeping everything down. It may have just been a bad bug. Keep giving him water and maybe some more bland food.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Hope Brutus is ok still, glad he got a little better so you could wait and see the vet you trust
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for the support all!!! Brutus had a very good day yesterday and held all food and water down! He did poop but it was a little runny (kinda formed) so we are calling the vet at 9 when they open and see what they want us to do! I cannot says how much I hate the Westfield ER Vet! They were horrible!!!!

Brutus is acting himself again also! He is jumping on the window ledge to look out window! This morning he decided to try and get in the pack and play with the baby

I will keep you all updated
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Glad that Brutus is doing better. Hope he checks out as being okay! A couple of nights ago, I spent all night cleaning up vomit, Maude was vomiting all night long. She kept drinking and then would vomit again. I was really getting scared and could see nothing in the vomit but her food and some grass. Finally I gave her a pepcid-it stayed down, and she went to sleep in the morning. That day she was fine, I fed her small amounts-she has been fine since! On a side note-my cousin lived in Westfield all her life. My aunt lived in Woodbridge! @ChanelnBrutus Please let us know how Brutus is.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Thank you so much for the support all!!! Brutus had a very good day yesterday and held all food and water down! He did poop but it was a little runny (kinda formed) so we are calling the vet at 9 when they open and see what they want us to do! I cannot says how much I hate the Westfield ER Vet! They were horrible!!!!

Brutus is acting himself again also! He is jumping on the window ledge to look out window! This morning he decided to try and get in the pack and play with the baby

I will keep you all updated
    Sounds like he maybe okay, or if he swallowed something it may be passing. We want pics of Brutus and his baby bro!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads