Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I received this private message from RalphieBoy and am reposting it for him so everyone can read it and offer some help. I don't have any experience with this.

Help for a friend
Guys I need some help. The liter the boys were in had a total of seven male pups. I only know one other family that bought one of the pups. They live in Atlanta. The pup they got was not the runt. We got him. Our two have gotten along great. Little Diarrhea but nothing big. The pup in Atlanta Sparky has had a terrible time. Sparky has had cherry eye and recently breathing troubles. The owner Ivan tells me at times they are afraid Sparky will not catch his breath. He said they changed vets to a vet that specializes with Bully's an hour from where they live. He said it is tied to the amount of mucus Sparky has. The vet has recommend doing some kind of nose and throat surgery. That if they do not do the surgery now it will only get worse. Ivan says worse is death. They are taking Sparky back to the vet tomorrow. Ivan and his family is not the best with speaking English. He said sometimes they do not understand what the first vet was telling them. Is this something common? I told Ivan I would get with you guys and get back with him. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. They are scared to death and I am too. Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, I responded to his PM

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm so sorry to read this:( I know how hard it is not always catching up on what the vet says, I'm Swedish our vet is Afrikaans but we both speak English... still hard to get it at times. Isn't there anyone who can go with them to the vet? Or ask the vet to speak nicely, I tell my vet straight if I don't understand, I don't care what they think of me. Luckily our vet is good, he's patient with me:)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I almost had a heart attack, I thought something was wrong with one of his boys. I have no experience with this, but I will be praying for his friends bully.

Most Reactions