Extremley pink moist around nose and mouth

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Hi all......have a question.....Forde always has but as of lately really getting pink around his nose and mouth area...the nose area being the worse.....it gets a little moist look to it also.....it looks painful ....but it doesn't seem to bother him....it's hardly there in the morning when he first gets up but as the day goes...it gets worse..also his nose stays so dry and awful looking, i have tried so many things ....aquaphor, bag balm, vasoline, he's on fromm duck and sweet potato...i've tired several varieties of fromm food...and it's not changed the pinkness at all....any suggestions guys? :cool:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
I give franklin Benadryl 1mg per pound when his face gets pink and itchy he might have allergies to something has anything else changed cleaners you use or detergent?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Panalog ointment works wonders. Buster just went through a horrible bout with this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like environmental allergies... Do you give Benedryl or Claritin?

benedryl is 1 mg per pound of dog up to 3x a day..... Claritin is 1/2 tab 2x a day

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I have no clue about the pinkness:( but I can recommend giving organic coconut oil with their food, it has helped ours a lot. Boeboe used to get little sores on her back, Bennie used to be very itchy and Joey's nose used to be very had and dry. After we started with the coconut Boeboe's sores are completely gone, Bennie doesn't itch and Joey's nose is looking much better:) I also take a tiny bit of coconut oil and rub their noses with it, it makes it look really nice, and since it healthy it doesn't matter if they lick it off.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi..haven't changed a thing.......i think it has to be allergies:(

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thank you all....going to do the benedryl and will look into the panalog ointment......i keep organic coconut oil so will see how that works with rubbing it on his nose....i appreciate all the advice......:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online