Hot spot treatment?

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have neo-predef that I got from the vet for Henry's irritated eyes. Can I use this for hot spots? The bottle says neo-predef with tetracaine powder. Neomycine sulfate, isoflupredone, acetate, tetracaine HCI

We just got back from vacation and Henry has a pretty significant patch on one side of his neck and a little smaller one on the other. I'm tired and can't think straight and would so much appreciate some advice. Thanks a bunch

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is a powder, right? shave the area and clean it with peroxide... let it dry out, I think the powder is OK to use, I have never used it for a hotspot, but it should be OK to use
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]... agree?

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, it's a powder. I have looked him over real good. He has bumps down both front legs, small spots in both ears, and the neck is a little worse than I first thought. I think I'm just going to take him to the vet. I'm not sure what they will do but I'm quite sure that it's worse than I feel comfortable treating by myself. He's only had one spot that I treated and it was the size of a quarter. Hubby says I should recognize my limitations. Ha ha. Am I being smart or over cautious?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] Sounds to me like you have the right idea. Take him to the vet. I think it's better to catch whatever it is early, since it is more than one place already. YOU are being smart!! :yes: Tell that Hubby to quit pickin' on you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, it's a powder. I have looked him over real good. He has bumps down both front legs, small spots in both ears, and the neck is a little worse than I first thought. I think I'm just going to take him to the vet. I'm not sure what they will do but I'm quite sure that it's worse than I feel comfortable treating by myself. He's only had one spot that I treated and it was the size of a quarter. Hubby says I should recognize my limitations. Ha ha. Am I being smart or over cautious?

Definitly is some type of allergic reaction... they will probably give him some steriods to settle it down

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] I will tell him! Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I need another voice in my head so I don't fret!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.