The Kids Are Having Surgery Today

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: they are some major procedures.... prayers and positive thoughts to all of you. please keep us posted on how they are doing after you talk with the vet

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my, you're going to have a handful of sleepy pups and patient to take care. Speedy recovery for both!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good luck. Please post updates when you can.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel and Bentley have had their surgeries and both are doing well. Jewel's surgery went as planned and without any surprises according to the Orthopedic vet. She will be kept overnight and a determination will be made tomorrow morning to see if she can come home.

Bentley had to have two incisions due to the retained testicle. Our vet told us he did well and is now groggy and that we can pick him up at 3 o'clock.

Thank you all for your sincere thoughts and prayers...they worked! More to follow..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to hear that your babies are doing okay… keep us posted!!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jewel will be having her right hind leg cruciate ligament repaired today (ACL) with a TPLO procedure. For recent information on TPLO, please see Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) - VeterinaryPartner.com - a VIN company!

And my Bentley boy will be neutered today due to a retained testicle (i.e. Cryptorchidism). Please see link to pet MD Retained Testicles Dogs | petMD.

We will keep you posted.
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] sorry to hear about Bertha. This is not fun.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I wasn't around much this summer, so missed this thread.

How's Jewel healing? Is she still crated?

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Blueberrys Mom Thursday will be Week 10 post op. We see the vet on the 29th of this month. We had six week follow-up with x-rays on 9/17 and the vet said Jewel is looking good. He lifted walking restrictions and we now do short walks; however, no jumping, no running, no stair climbing, and no rough housing with Bentley is still in play. Jewel still limps but this will occur to 5 months after surgery. I will say this....it has been a long 10 weeks with quite a few more to go.

I did hear about Miss Bertha Bacon and tagged @agingermom. I do not wish this on any pooch(es)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
@Blueberrys Mom Thursday will be Week 10 post op. We see the vet on the 29th of this month. We had six week follow-up with x-rays on 9/17 and the vet said Jewel is looking good. He lifted walking restrictions and we now do short walks; however, no jumping, no running, no stair climbing, and no rough housing with Bentley is still in play. Jewel still limps but this will occur to 5 months after surgery. I will say this....it has been a long 10 weeks with quite a few more to go.

I did hear about Miss Bertha Bacon and tagged @agingermom. I do not wish this on any pooch(es)
Oh Geez Roger!! Watching her limp, I cant imagine her not getting surgery. Just 2 days into this is a lot of work and I feel s bad for her as well as Arnold.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] We crate Jewel at night and while we are at work. We live in a split-level house which Jewel is allowed to roam the house (except upstairs) now as that restriction was lifted. In that regard, we do everything downstairs to be with Jewel. Of course we cook upstairs and then eat on the lower level. After surgery she would lay on the floor outside of her crate or next to the couch with a leash on to prevent her bolting. If my wife or I were out of the family room at the same time she was in a pen my wife purchased recently to help immobilize her as she likes to get up on the couch. Although yesterday, I allowed her up on the couch and that is where she laid all day long except the times I got her up to go out and potty. At which time I assisted her up and down. She is not a morning person.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Geez Roger!! Watching her limp, I cant imagine her not getting surgery. Just 2 days into this is a lot of work and I feel s bad for her as well as Arnold.

What happened to Arnold?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.