upper respiratory infection

suh2014

Aug 3, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
suh
we are new this morning. we are the proud (older) parents to a 10 month olde English bull dogge. he has apparently come down with an infection. he has lots of yellow mucas coming from his nose and is gagging a lot. being Sunday morning we wont be able to see vet until tomorrow. I was wondering what we can do for him in the mean time???????

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby… I would NOT delay getting to a vet, respiratory infections are very hard on bulldogs and can turn into pneumonia quickly. I would put him in the bathroom w/you turn the shower on full blast hot and let the steam break up some of the mucous. Make sure you stay w/him in the bathroom so that he doesn't overheat.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby… I would NOT delay getting to a vet, respiratory infections are very hard on bulldogs and can turn into pneumonia quickly. I would put him in the bathroom w/you turn the shower on full blast hot and let the steam break up some of the mucous. Make sure you stay w/him in the bathroom so that he doesn't overheat.

Good advice from above. You can also give a squirt of lemon juice to help the gagging-or some honey for throat. Call vet first thing in the morning! Do not wait.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Good advice from above. You can also give a squirt of lemon juice to help the gagging-or some honey for throat. Call vet first thing in the morning! Do not wait.

Perfect advice from Tracey and Lynn..... Please keep us posted

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You have already received excellent advice from Tracey and Lynn above. I hope you get to see the vet today and I hope he feels better soon. Please keep,us posted.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
When June was about 10 weeks old (just 2 weeks after we got her) she started coughing/gagging really bad in the mornings and during the night. Took her to the vet and they said she just had a cough and gave us some cough suppressant and Benedryl to help her sleep. Didn't get much better (maybe a little worse) so we took her to the ER vet one evening about 2-3 days later and they did x-rays and everything. Again was told just a cough/upper respiratory infection since she had no fever and was still eating and drinking normally. Continued with the cough pills and go figure she was perfectly fine the next day! We were so worried it was pneumonia or kennel cough after reading horror stories since she was so young but everything turned out fine and she has been great ever since!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.