Thread: upper respiratory infection

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    suh
    Likes (Received)

Question upper respiratory infection

we are new this morning. we are the proud (older) parents to a 10 month olde English bull dogge. he has apparently come down with an infection. he has lots of yellow mucas coming from his nose and is gagging a lot. being Sunday morning we wont be able to see vet until tomorrow. I was wondering what we can do for him in the mean time???????

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: upper respiratory infection

to EBN!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby… I would NOT delay getting to a vet, respiratory infections are very hard on bulldogs and can turn into pneumonia quickly. I would put him in the bathroom w/you turn the shower on full blast hot and let the steam break up some of the mucous. Make sure you stay w/him in the bathroom so that he doesn't overheat.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    to EBN!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby… I would NOT delay getting to a vet, respiratory infections are very hard on bulldogs and can turn into pneumonia quickly. I would put him in the bathroom w/you turn the shower on full blast hot and let the steam break up some of the mucous. Make sure you stay w/him in the bathroom so that he doesn't overheat.
    Good advice from above. You can also give a squirt of lemon juice to help the gagging-or some honey for throat. Call vet first thing in the morning! Do not wait.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Good advice from above. You can also give a squirt of lemon juice to help the gagging-or some honey for throat. Call vet first thing in the morning! Do not wait.
    Perfect advice from Tracey and Lynn..... Please keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

You have already received excellent advice from Tracey and Lynn above. I hope you get to see the vet today and I hope he feels better soon. Please keep,us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

When June was about 10 weeks old (just 2 weeks after we got her) she started coughing/gagging really bad in the mornings and during the night. Took her to the vet and they said she just had a cough and gave us some cough suppressant and Benedryl to help her sleep. Didn't get much better (maybe a little worse) so we took her to the ER vet one evening about 2-3 days later and they did x-rays and everything. Again was told just a cough/upper respiratory infection since she had no fever and was still eating and drinking normally. Continued with the cough pills and go figure she was perfectly fine the next day! We were so worried it was pneumonia or kennel cough after reading horror stories since she was so young but everything turned out fine and she has been great ever since!

Remove Ads