Hotspot

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
I haven't posted in a while but I'm always coming on here and reading the threads. I'm posting because Hulk developed a hotspot over the weekend. We tried washing it and applying coconut oil plus giving him benadryl to help with itching but it wasn't improving. So I took him to the vet today and he's now on a steroid and antibiotic for 2 weeks. My poor baby! He turns 1 year on Saturday so I hope he's feeling a little better by then. On a positive note they said he's perfect otherwise. They said he's a peanut and the perfect size. He's only 39 lbs lol I'll attach some photos of my almost 1 year old :D image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful boy! Hope all goes will with clearing up the hotspot.... keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hulk is adorable… I hope he feels better soon!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He is so cute!! He is a peanut! Love him.

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Margot is nearing the end of her hot spot. I have used with great success witch hazel, lavender, and frankincense (tea tree will work in a pinch also). I hated the thought of her being on more antibiotic after her surgeries and heart worm treatment, plus steroids so I wanted to give this a try before we went with the hard hitting stuff, and I'm very happy with how it is coming out. It's been a week and the last of the scabbing is coming off and her spot is completely dry with great granulation tissue growing in. We may be able to take her shirt off in a couple days if it keeps up like this.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Ive had good results with green or black tea for inflammation and some warm epsom salt water to clean it.

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Hulks already doing much better after 2 days of the antibiotic and steroid. I'll make sure to try some other remedies for possible future occurrences. I tried for 5 days to help him before going to the vet but it wasn't any better and he seemed miserable. I had cut his fur to see how bad it was. It wrapped around over half his neck. I tried neosporin and coconut oil along with giving benadryl. I'm just happy it's looking better and he hasn't been scratching since starting the meds.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hulks already doing much better after 2 days of the antibiotic and steroid. I'll make sure to try some other remedies for possible future occurrences. I tried for 5 days to help him before going to the vet but it wasn't any better and he seemed miserable. I had cut his fur to see how bad it was. It wrapped around over half his neck. I tried neosporin and coconut oil along with giving benadryl. I'm just happy it's looking better and he hasn't been scratching since starting the meds.

So good to hear it is getting better. Keep in mind, hotspots are usually allergy related, so something in the environment or his food may be he cause.

keep us posted

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
We're trying to figure out the cause because we know something made him react. We think it's environmental because nothing has changed and the allergens in our area are awful this year. Even my cat (he's 7) is having eye boogers for the first time (he moved here with me from michigan last November) and my boyfriends are horrible this year as well. Hulks been on his food since early February and only gets coconut oil, ice cubes and occasionally carrots for treats so I don't think it's any of those.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We're trying to figure out the cause because we know something made him react. We think it's environmental because nothing has changed and the allergens in our area are awful this year. Even my cat (he's 7) is having eye boogers for the first time (he moved here with me from michigan last November) and my boyfriends are horrible this year as well. Hulks been on his food since early February and only gets coconut oil, ice cubes and occasionally carrots for treats so I don't think it's any of those.

Ugh... Environmental are brutal...Banks is allergic to all things green, so she get a warm wipe down after each potty run or play in the yard

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.