Boeboe diagnosed with chronic dry eye.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
About 2 1/2 years ago Boeboe was diagnosed with Entropion, she's had 4 or 5 operations to correct it and her eyes has been fine for long now. A while ago her eyes started to produce "snot" again and her one eye weren't completely clear. We were at the vet on Monday and she got diagnosed with chronic dry eye, I'm pretty relieved about that since it can be sorted with eye drops only:) pretty expensive ones though but it's worth it, I was so scared she'd need to go under anesthetics again.

She's now on Virbac ISEE cream and Tacrolimus 0.02% twice a day. The ISEE cream is only for now to sort the infection out but the Tacrolimus is for life. The vet said that she will most likely not need it twice a day later on, but we will see how it goes. Yet another thing to add to the daily list:crazy:

Anyone else with a bully with chronic dry eye?

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
My Romeo has dry eyes as well..before I got him as a puppy he had cherry eye surgery in both eyes but instead of tacking it like Fatso's eyes they cut it out so when I brought him home at 41/2 months he had an infection in both eyes and was diagnosed with chronic dry eye (kcs) He get the Optimmune ointment and I'm supposed to give it twice a day but honestly his eyes are great now so I only give it to him if they look red

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Julie [MENTION=11611]Julzz9170[/MENTION] that's good to hear:) Boeboe's eyes weren't that bad to start with so I think drops ones a day or every other day will be enough later on. Haven't had to wipe her eyes at all since we started with the drops on Monday so it's looking good so far:)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Sorry to hear about Boeboe. I have no experience about chronic dry eye just wanna wish Boeboe to get and feel better soon. Does she mind the medicine? Hope it works on her.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION]:) She's doing really well with her drops, she dislikes the cream but she's not struggling against it luckily, and the cream is just for now so it's all good:whew:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] Sorry to hear about BoeBoe. Hoping her infection clears up quickly, and her eye drops help. I also have dry eye and have to put drops in mine!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Petra, I'm so sorry to hear about Boeboe… I hope that the drops work, and she feels better :(

erinbod

Jul 3, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lizzie
I hope that BoeBoe's infection clears up quickly! My bulldog Lizzie has a cherry eye that comes and goes as well as dry eye. She take Tacrolimus, NeoPolyDex, and an over the counter eye drop twice a day. She was horrible with the eye drops at first, but now that we have been giving them for awhile, she could care less. I'm glad that BoeBoe doesn't put up much of a fight for you. Does she rub her eyes after you give her the Tacrolimus? Lizzie rubs her eyes for a little bit and then go back to snoozing or whatever she was doing. Her doctor told me that the rubbing is completely normal, but I still worry.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope that BoeBoe's infection clears up quickly! My bulldog Lizzie has a cherry eye that comes and goes as well as dry eye. She take Tacrolimus, NeoPolyDex, and an over the counter eye drop twice a day. She was horrible with the eye drops at first, but now that we have been giving them for awhile, she could care less. I'm glad that BoeBoe doesn't put up much of a fight for you. Does she rub her eyes after you give her the Tacrolimus? Lizzie rubs her eyes for a little bit and then go back to snoozing or whatever she was doing. Her doctor told me that the rubbing is completely normal, but I still worry.

Hi Erin:) Thanks for posting your experience and :welcome: to EBN. Boeboe hasn't rubbed her eyes, but I can get that it's normal... as long as she doesn't rub her eyes so she's scratching them it should be fine:) Boeboe sometimes cleans her face in the nights and I always stress that she'll scratch her eyes with that "thumb" claw on their front feet. I thought first before we knew it was chronic dry eye that she'd gotten a scratch. We bulldog parents tend to stress to much sometimes:tongue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending hugs to you.... hope all continues to go well. These babies sure do keep us busy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.