Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neutering or not? And what age?

Default Re: Neutering or not? And what age?

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your losses… and you seem to care very much for your babies. I've never really dealt w/aggressive dogs, but I do agree that they have a hierarchy that only dogs seem to understand. Have you thought about having a trainer come in to help you? I take my dogs as pups to at least get the training started… I think w/plenty of love & patience your new bully will come around.

We debate neutering on here quite a bit… it's a personal decision. I don't know if I'm going to neuter my baby or not, we've lost 2 bullies to surgery so it's NOT something that I want to think about again. For females I believe it's essential, but I'm defiantly on the fence w/the males.
    Tyson is not a aggressive from what I have seen so far. My last BD was. I have him set for classes starting the 26th of this month with certified trainer and behavioral trainer. She is the best in my area.. I plan on learning allot from her..

I also canceled Tyson appointment today as I need more time to be sure.. I'm making the rite choice.

I'm adding a few more photos from the 09 to 2010 years and then just one day she changed want people to understand I had no warning signs and these dogs had been buddies for quit some time.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. And by all means I always to love here what people have to say.

The pit and the BD on the left are both males and got along fine. It was only my female I had issues with. I will. Never own another female BD. Dogs tend to really get attached to me cause I am such a dog lover and females seem to be the worst this is the only reason for my choice..

Also the male BD is from the same breeder that I took Tyson from. It still baffles me why she did what she did with Tyson. When I dealt with her before she had her stuff together and now it seems she is just in it for the money.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by phishphan1995 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The picture taken was from 09 my ex wife took my pitbull when we got divorced.. cause my Panda ended up being aggressive with him as well.. And she was definitely out matched.. I'm still dumb founded why she turned out like that. I will always blame myself for doing something wrong with the pack. After countless hours of reading the only thing I can come up with was the fact that Panda was my baby and I think by showing her allot of love and attention it made her think I didn't care about the other dogs so why should she and she was doing her job.. Sounds crazy even to me but from what I have read if you shower one dog with attention in a multi dog home things like that can happen.
    What beautiful babies. When panda began the aggression was it near the time she was diagnosed or shortly before? Also, I think some females just tend to be more of an 'only dog' personality (not all, but a good amount) I have a female bulldog, Banks... she is brutally dominate, does not like other dogs, but loves people especially children. She will be 9 next month and her training from 11 weeks old has never waivered, we have to keep her in line at all times, give her a quarter of an inch and she will take 10 miles!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

It was way before she was 4 when she became and she passed at 7 years 5 months and 4 days old. Panda was exactly the same way loved everything but other animals.. My family hated her for what she did to the pug and they were all upset I didn't get rid of her. There was no way I was getting rid of her she was my response ability.. And after a couple years she won them back over just because she was so sweet to people..

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Gorgeous babies! Thank you for sharing.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It was way before she was 4 when she became and she passed at 7 years 5 months and 4 days old. Panda was exactly the same way loved everything but other animals.. My family hated her for what she did to the pug and they were all upset I didn't get rid of her. There was no way I was getting rid of her she was my response ability.. And after a couple years she won them back over just because she was so sweet to people..
    I am glad you kept and continued to love her. Unfortunate the incident happen.. Very sorry your family had to have that experience.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Marley
    Likes (Received)

To neuter or not... This question has come up several times in our family. We took our bully Lou to get neuter and have bladder stones removed, unfortunately due to the not being properly staffed and a couple other complications he did not make it. We got the Pooh bear and today is his appt to get neutered. I'm a wreck. Pooh is very hormone crazy right now and is marking on everything. We have a female bully who was not spayed and she runs on the dominant bully side. Super sweet girl, she gets compliments all the time. Even though we have waited and took our time deciding, it's a huge decision for is personally. Research and make sure your vet has bully experience that is so important and if you do it make sure someone is with them the whole time.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Best happy thoughts for your baby that all goes well with the surgery.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads