Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27

Thread: The Verdict is TPLO

  1. #1
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default The Verdict is TPLO

    Jewel had her puppy ortho appt yesterday and she has a torn Cranial Cruciate Ligament. So much for when puppies suddenly have lameness with a limp when playing. Should have had her sedated for the Vet to check for a positive or negative drawer sign when she first injured her leg. This would have saved time and maybe a few dollars. But nonetheless, Jewel is scheduled for TPLO surgery a week from today and then a long rehab period.

  2. #2
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Poor Jewel . Praying for a smooth surgery and recovery

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #3
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    im sorry to hear that! Hoping everything goes well for Jewel and shes up and around and running and playing again soon..Keep us posted .

  4. #4
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Oh no! So sorry to hear about Jewel. How old is she? Rumble had TPLO surgery in May. We are still working on the road to recovery although he thinks he feels just fine! Keeping them quiet is definitely the hardest part. We bought rugs down to put over our tile floors and bought a play pen that we take turns sitting in him with. We also invested in a large number of chew toys to keep him occupied. We will keep Jewel in our thoughts!

  5. #5
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Poor Jewel . Praying for a smooth surgery and recovery
    Thank you.

  6. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    im sorry to hear that! Hoping everything goes well for Jewel and shes up and around and running and playing again soon..Keep us posted .
    Thank you, sir. We will most definitely post updates.

  7. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    Oh no! So sorry to hear about Jewel. How old is she? Rumble had TPLO surgery in May. We are still working on the road to recovery although he thinks he feels just fine! Keeping them quiet is definitely the hardest part. We bought rugs down to put over our tile floors and bought a play pen that we take turns sitting in him with. We also invested in a large number of chew toys to keep him occupied. We will keep Jewel in our thoughts!
    Thank you. Jewel is now 15 months old.

  8. #8
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Poor baby!!! I am on week 9 of recovery! Long process.... good luck to you both!

    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

  9. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy's Mom View Post
    Poor baby!!! I am on week 9 of recovery! Long process.... good luck to you both!
    Greetings Michelle. Thank you. Did Izzy have the same surgery? What are the first 72 hours post-op and home like? Jewel will spend her first night at the vet's office.

    BTW. I lived in Houston many moons ago on the west side of town that was outside of the city limits at the time. When we passed through last year, I see the city limits is passed Addicks Dam. We have family in Round Rock, Yoakum, and Corpus Christi.

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery! keep us posted on everything
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #11
    Pet Sitter tiffykay06's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    336
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Greetings Michelle. Thank you. Did Izzy have the same surgery? What are the first 72 hours post-op and home like? Jewel will spend her first night at the vet's office.

    BTW. I lived in Houston many moons ago on the west side of town that was outside of the city limits at the time. When we passed through last year, I see the city limits is passed Addicks Dam. We have family in Round Rock, Yoakum, and Corpus Christi.
    Rumble also spent the first night at the vet. After that we brought him home and he was an angel to begin with! In fact, as long as he was on pain meds he really just slept most of the time. We could cuddle with him so he did not feel left out. Our biggest problem was he wanted to get to the incision so we bought one of the inflatable soft cones for him to wear.

  12. #12
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3882

    Default Re: The Verdict is TPLO

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    Rumble also spent the first night at the vet. After that we brought him home and he was an angel to begin with! In fact, as long as he was on pain meds he really just slept most of the time. We could cuddle with him so he did not feel left out. Our biggest problem was he wanted to get to the incision so we bought one of the inflatable soft cones for him to wear.
    Michelle, Thank you. We have a Kong collar for Jewel instead of the plastic cone. With it, we think she should be more comfortable. Again thanks for your comments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •