ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Before we left for Florida we noticed Wally had a bald spot on the top of his headā€¦ it looked like he had bumped his head on something, so we were keeping an eye on it and putting neosporin on it. Our dog sitter was putting neo on it and watching it while we were goneā€¦ no issues. Today my hubby found another spot on him, this time on his sideā€¦ here is a pic of it.

IMG_2767.jpg

I already have a vet appointment scheduled for the morningā€¦ just wanted your guys input before I go. Any ideas what this could be?!!

I'm exhaustedā€¦ we JUST got back from vaca and my friend is in the hospital after having emergency surgery. I just spent about 5 hours w/her today, I'm so dang tiredā€¦ :gloom: when it rains it pours...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Re: Wally has a spotā€¦ Ugh!!!

Dozer had a couple of spots like that on his head, and one on the tip of his ear, but I know where they came from, Blossom and him were playing outside and chasing each other, and blossom kept grabbing Dozers head, and his ears and his jowls. She was playing too rough, so I separated them, and Dozer had these little sores from where she chewed on him. A couple days later they scabbed over. I just wiped them clean, and put some Polysporin on them, and they healed up. Could this have happened to Wally when he was with the other dogs in play?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

So sorry, I guess the vacation seems like it was a light year ago....My boys have bold spots occasinally here and there and they go away by themselves. I'm sure it's nothing.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Dozer had a couple of spots like that on his head, and one on the tip of his ear, but I know where they came from, Blossom and him were playing outside and chasing each other, and blossom kept grabbing Dozers head, and his ears and his jowls. She was playing too rough, so I separated them, and Dozer had these little sores from where she chewed on him. A couple days later they scanned over. I just wiped them clean, and put some Polysporin on them, and they healed up. Could this have happened to Wally when he was with the other dogs in play?
like Viking girl, Bentley has a bump which now has a scab. This is attributed to Jewel and Bentley rough housing. We hope that is what it is.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Dozer had a couple of spots like that on his head, and one on the tip of his ear, but I know where they came from, Blossom and him were playing outside and chasing each other, and blossom kept grabbing Dozers head, and his ears and his jowls. She was playing too rough, so I separated them, and Dozer had these little sores from where she chewed on him. A couple days later they scanned over. I just wiped them clean, and put some Polysporin on them, and they healed up. Could this have happened to Wally when he was with the other dogs in play?

Well the first spot appeared before we left on our vacation, and now this second one appeared a week laterā€¦ I sent my vet a pic, and she said that she was thinking mild pyoderma. She's actually out of town this week, but wants us to take him to her partner just to be sure. I'm a worry wart w/Wally so I'd rather take him in now before it gets worse :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

I hope it's nothing serious, and Wally is okay. It's a good idea to have it checked before it gets any worse, just in case. Better to be safe, and have peace of mind. Let us know. What the vet says.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Kinda looks like a hot spot, do you have any panalog?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

That looks like when Frank got hotspots on his head. He started with one, then they kept spreading until he had five different spots on his head. I noticed the first one the morning I left for my trip and while I was gone, my husband kept updating me that he was taking care of it and it was looking better. Well, I came home and I nearly fell over because his head looked so bad covered in all these angry red spots. I immediately hopped on EBN, saw people used Vetericyn spray, got some and sprayed his hot spots a couple times a day. He would also try to rub his head and some would bleed a little and I used neosporin on those. It took three weeks but now his head is back to normal and all the hair has grown back.

I am sorry you have to deal with all of this at once. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Kinda looks like a hot spot, do you have any panalog?

Noā€¦ I went thru all my doggie meds and threw out a bunch of old stuff :(

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

That looks like when Frank got hotspots on his head. He started with one, then they kept spreading until he had five different spots on his head. I noticed the first one the morning I left for my trip and while I was gone, my husband kept updating me that he was taking care of it and it was looking better. Well, I came home and I nearly fell over because his head looked so bad covered in all these angry red spots. I immediately hopped on EBN, saw people used Vetericyn spray, got some and sprayed his hot spots a couple times a day. He would also try to rub his head and some would bleed a little and I used neosporin on those. It took three weeks but now his head is back to normal and all the hair has grown back.

I am sorry you have to deal with all of this at once. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Gosh that's so weirdā€¦ I don't know how in the world Wally has gotten them, and frankly I've never dealt w/this before. Hopefully it won't spreadā€¦ going to the vets here in a bit!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Noā€¦ I went thru all my doggie meds and threw out a bunch of old stuff :(

Okay, drying it out is the goal, is he itchy? Do you have any Douxo or malacetic?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Okay, drying it out is the goal, is he itchy? Do you have any Douxo or malacetic?

He doesn't seem to be itchy at allā€¦ I do have douxo and malacetic wipes!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey

Sorry to hear about wally but Im sure its an easy fix! I took [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]s advice of malacetic wipes and duoxo then got some panalog from vet. Hell be fine but you know no matter what advice you get here youre not going to rest until the vet sees him!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

He doesn't seem to be itchy at allā€¦ I do have douxo and malacetic wipes!!!

Was this a hotspot or the mange you mention in the other thread?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online