Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad Winston's surgery went well, and he's okay. We have a male named Bulldozer and he has eaten sweat socks on 4 different occasions, a dishcloth, and Nerf bullets. We've been very lucky so far that he's either been able to throw them up or poop them out. He only showed symptoms once, he was vomiting, had diarrhea, and was very lethargic. We took him to the vet and she took an X-ray, she saw a shadow in his intestine, and she could feel a fullness in his tummy. She gave him intravenous fluids, a pain medication, and a laxative. She sent us home with some high fibre food to help move his bowels and he was able to poop out the sock. We are very careful with our socks, but my little grandson comes over and he takes off his socks and leaves them around, and if we don't see them, Dozer will. He is so quick.

OP
Caldy315

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I'm so glad Winston's surgery went well, and he's okay. We have a male named Bulldozer and he has eaten sweat socks on 4 different occasions, a dishcloth, and Nerf bullets. We've been very lucky so far that he's either been able to throw them up or poop them up. He only showed symptoms once, he was vomiting, had diarrhea, and was very lethargic. We took him to the vet and she took an X-ray, she saw a shadow in his intestine, and she could feel a fullness in his tummy. She gave him intravenous fluids, a pain medication, and a laxative. She sent us home with some high fibre food to help move his bowels and he was able to poop out the sock. We are very careful with our socks, but my little grandson comes over and he takes off his socks and leaves them around, and if we don't see them, Dozer will. He is so quick.

Do you remember all the names of stuff he received to get things moving? Unfortunately this happened on the weekend so we had to do the ER vet but if there is a next time (doing some preventative things) I would like to have all the information possible to try and escape that bill if at all possible. If you have it and can message me details that would be great.

We got Winston back today at around 4. The poor little guy has stitches all the way down his belly and is pretty tired. He's got three meds he's on and the one supposedly makes them super tired. The only time he even perked up was for food. Hopefully tomorrow he gets back to his normal self

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Do you remember all the names of stuff he received to get things moving? Unfortunately this happened on the weekend so we had to do the ER vet but if there is a next time (doing some preventative things) I would like to have all the information possible to try and escape that bill if at all possible. If you have it and can message me details that would be great.

We got Winston back today at around 4. The poor little guy has stitches all the way down his belly and is pretty tired. He's got three meds he's on and the one supposedly makes them super tired. The only time he even perked up was for food. Hopefully tomorrow he gets back to his normal self

Oh poor baby. My heart and prayers are with you guys. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I read the post yesterday and was hoping for an update!!! I pray that your little guy has a smooth and quick healing.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Happy that Winston is ok, I was worried about this Little Guy. So Glad he is at home with his family.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.