Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winston ate some underwear, we think

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Winston ate some underwear, we think

Thanks guys. It must have been a relatively easy procedure. They called at 11 last night said everything went well and right where he thought it would be is where there was some material. He also said there was some wood chips that werent helping anything either as far as letting it past.

Winston will occasionally go into the landscape at our apt and eat the wood chips. We try and not let him in there/eat then but he still gets them from time to time.

Now we've gotta figure out how to stop that. Any recommendations?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caldy315 View Post
    I did see the Xrays. His stomach was distended (bloated) beyond where it should be according to them. There was no outline of any cloth material, but they said you wouldn't see cloth. He explained that he thought it was near a basically "U" in the smaller intestine. He's in surgery now, and we won't have him back until tomorrow assuming everything goes well.

In other news, any recommendations on insurance companies?? Sounds comical, but now it's a reality. I know they aren't going to cover this, but might as well have it for those times you think nothing will happen.

How is doing? Did they find it? Sending prayers he's okay

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys. It must have been a relatively easy procedure. They called at 11 last night said everything went well and right where he thought it would be is where there was some material. He also said there was some wood chips that werent helping anything either as far as letting it past.

Winston will occasionally go into the landscape at our apt and eat the wood chips. We try and not let him in there/eat then but he still gets them from time to time.

Now we've gotta figure out how to stop that. Any recommendations?
    So happy they got it out and he is doing well. Banks is obsessed with wood chips too... She will pull until she can get to them. It is a training battle for sure, when out with her, keep her favorite treat or some kibble in your pocket and redirect her with them when she goes for the wood chips. Tell her no and when she looks at you give a treat
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad Winston's surgery went well, and he's okay. We have a male named Bulldozer and he has eaten sweat socks on 4 different occasions, a dishcloth, and Nerf bullets. We've been very lucky so far that he's either been able to throw them up or poop them out. He only showed symptoms once, he was vomiting, had diarrhea, and was very lethargic. We took him to the vet and she took an X-ray, she saw a shadow in his intestine, and she could feel a fullness in his tummy. She gave him intravenous fluids, a pain medication, and a laxative. She sent us home with some high fibre food to help move his bowels and he was able to poop out the sock. We are very careful with our socks, but my little grandson comes over and he takes off his socks and leaves them around, and if we don't see them, Dozer will. He is so quick.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Im glad Winston is ok
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I'm so glad Winston's surgery went well, and he's okay. We have a male named Bulldozer and he has eaten sweat socks on 4 different occasions, a dishcloth, and Nerf bullets. We've been very lucky so far that he's either been able to throw them up or poop them up. He only showed symptoms once, he was vomiting, had diarrhea, and was very lethargic. We took him to the vet and she took an X-ray, she saw a shadow in his intestine, and she could feel a fullness in his tummy. She gave him intravenous fluids, a pain medication, and a laxative. She sent us home with some high fibre food to help move his bowels and he was able to poop out the sock. We are very careful with our socks, but my little grandson comes over and he takes off his socks and leaves them around, and if we don't see them, Dozer will. He is so quick.

Do you remember all the names of stuff he received to get things moving? Unfortunately this happened on the weekend so we had to do the ER vet but if there is a next time (doing some preventative things) I would like to have all the information possible to try and escape that bill if at all possible. If you have it and can message me details that would be great.

We got Winston back today at around 4. The poor little guy has stitches all the way down his belly and is pretty tired. He's got three meds he's on and the one supposedly makes them super tired. The only time he even perked up was for food. Hopefully tomorrow he gets back to his normal self

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Do you remember all the names of stuff he received to get things moving? Unfortunately this happened on the weekend so we had to do the ER vet but if there is a next time (doing some preventative things) I would like to have all the information possible to try and escape that bill if at all possible. If you have it and can message me details that would be great.

We got Winston back today at around 4. The poor little guy has stitches all the way down his belly and is pretty tired. He's got three meds he's on and the one supposedly makes them super tired. The only time he even perked up was for food. Hopefully tomorrow he gets back to his normal self
    Oh poor baby. My heart and prayers are with you guys. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I read the post yesterday and was hoping for an update!!! I pray that your little guy has a smooth and quick healing.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I am so Happy that Winston is ok, I was worried about this Little Guy. So Glad he is at home with his family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads