xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I am sorry for the bad pictures, Jovi kept moving so much. As you can see I only got these shots due to having a toy. But as shown in the picture there is a large red bump under her mouth. Its actually quite big, you cant tell in the pictures. Is it like a bug bite or possibly allergic reaction? Nothing has changed so I dont see why it would be an allergic reaction. IMG_2448.jpgIMG_9202 (1).jpg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
How old is your baby? Raven had a short period where she got them a lot on her chin. Seems like it was her little period of puberty. I didn't change her diet or anything. It just stopped.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
How old is your baby? Raven had a short period where she got them a lot on her chin. Seems like it was her little period of puberty. I didn't change her diet or anything. It just stopped.

she just turned 10 months

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi it looks like either an allergic reaction, because of the pink colour around the bump, but I don't 100% think so, because she only has the one bump. What type of food bowls do you use? Plastic bowls can cause a type of acne on some dogs, using stainless steel bowls are a better choice, and should be washed each day. Another cause could be when she is drinking water, the moisture can cause irritation of her skin. You can help this by wiping and drying her face and chin after she eats or drinks. I hope it clears up soon, and it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch.... Could be an ingrown hair or bug bite. Is it hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Looks like puppy acne to me, keep it dry! ;)

sent from my droid mini

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo has the same thing, I dry his sweet mouth a lot, it seems to be getting better.

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Leon is also 10 months old he gets them from time to time if I don't keep his chin clean and dry.
We just use sensitive baby wipes to keep it clean and kitchen paper roll to keep it dry.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is 5 and she gets them all the time. I don't know what they are, but they come and go. Usually fairly quickly for us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.